Yoga for beginners on YouTube?

Options
I was looking for recommendations on a good gentle yoga for beginners on you tube or somewhere I can stream it. I do have sciatic problems so intense workouts are not ideal to start. Thank you. Also feel free to add me

Replies

• rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,973 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene is my go-to yoga channel on YouTube. She has plenty of beginner workouts. Definitely check her out! :)
  • kellyshell215
    kellyshell215 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene (has plenty of beginner yoga classes, I have never done them, but I hear good things about her), Lesley Fightmaster (I love her classes), she has lots of beginner classes to, but her Yoga Type is diferent than Adriene's.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    rbratt06 wrote: »
    Yoga with Adriene is my go-to yoga channel on YouTube. She has plenty of beginner workouts. Definitely check her out! :)

I will third Yoga with Adriene.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender has all different levels as well
  • JacquiH73
    JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7AYKMP6rOE

I've been doing this 20min beginner lesson for a few weeks now. I tried to move into Adriene's 30days of yoga but found it too advanced. I'm just a little too green for that yet. I don't have sciatic pain but overall it's a good introduction. I have the hardest time with the downward dog but you can give your legs as much bend as you need to. Don't do anything that causes you pain.

She also has a lesson specifically for sciatica. It may be worth taking a look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5h0jkoBFbI

• calton1
    calton1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been learning yoga with the help of Adrienne, she is good. Yoga with Adrienne, I highly recommend. I was having back issues and tried her yoga for back pain, it really helped.