Over again......damnit....

Options
I am over again today on my cals......140 from drinkin' milk! I seem to be over darn near every night, no more then 200 and never from a "bad" food item. Usually an apple, and egg, maybe milk...never chocolate, never cookies or cake, tater chips....nothing bad........

So do ya think that being over 200 is going to kill this for me?

GO GREEN!

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am over again today on my cals......140 from drinkin' milk! I seem to be over darn near every night, no more then 200 and never from a "bad" food item. Usually an apple, and egg, maybe milk...never chocolate, never cookies or cake, tater chips....nothing bad........

So do ya think that being over 200 is going to kill this for me?

GO GREEN!
  • Lo153
    Lo153 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, first of all... good for you for going over on healthy stuff :flowerforyou: I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that it's far better for you to go over by eating something moderately healthy than by having a Snickers bar. And if it's only 200 calories, it will probably just slow down the momentum of weight loss a bit... definitely not ruin it for you :smile: You seem very motivated and dedicated to making this work... so I'd say to do the best you can, celebrate the achievements you have made and will continue to make, and pat yourself on the back for choosing milk over cheesecake! :drinker:
  • MsLadybug
    Options
    If my math is right, 200 cals a day is 1400 cals a week and its 3500 calories in a pound. Which means that you would lose about .3 of a pound less than your goal a week (all things being equal, not counting exercise etc.)

Maybe your daily calorie limit is too low for you? If you increase it by 200 then you might not have that guilty going over feeling everyday.

Alternatively, try planning your food in advance and don't eat anything until you log it so you know exactly how many calories you are eating. Or add a bit more exercise so you have those 200 to eat.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If my math is right, 200 cals a day is 1400 cals a week and its 3500 calories in a pound. Which means that you would lose about .3 of a pound less than your goal a week (all things being equal, not counting exercise etc.)

Maybe your daily calorie limit is too low for you? If you increase it by 200 then you might not have that guilty going over feeling everyday.

Alternatively, try planning your food in advance and don't eat anything until you log it so you know exactly how many calories you are eating. Or add a bit more exercise so you have those 200 to eat.

Our personal mathmetician! I think that your right on the excercise part, the last 2 days I have slacked in that department as I have been trying to work some since I am unemployed ultimately (I am a consultant who takes work when it comes) I will be really goin for it tomorrow and Sunday, I am moving my stuff from storage home and have to move the hosue around to get the stuff in here, likely to burn 800 + cals!

I will just have to excercise for that glass of milk!

Thanks for the insight all!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!