Options
2»

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    mgalovic01 wrote: »
    Running outside is much funner

Every surface where I live is sheer ice or 3 feet of snow right now - in a few months though, I'll definitely do that.
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Combat cardio boredom with boxing style workouts like hitting a heavy bag, double ended bag, or speed bag, jumping rope, and shadow boxing. You can add knees, elbows and kicks to your repertoire, and do calisthenics in between, like jump squats, push-ups and crunches. Walking lunges on the treadmill are also good.
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This is the best. Cardio and I are not friends in anyway!
  • Gondowolf
    Gondowolf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well try 15 min warmup cardio then 30-45min weight traning then end with another 15 min cardio (the warmup cardio should get your heart pumping but not over the fatburning heart rate,while the cardio at the end should be used to slow down your heart rate for example 5min running,5min fast walking then 5 min slow walking)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I love cardio.

700x394x01031-nordic-skiing-101-triathlete-cyclist-700x394.jpg,qwidth=700,aheight=394,aext=.jpg.pagespeed.ic.k1_AlB6T9R.jpg

Nordic ski racers are the fittest people on Earth.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    But I did it anyway, gosh darn it!

My legs feel like jelly.

Someone's already said this, but I'm too lazy to read all the responses: keep it short. It is better to do 10-15 minutes every day than an hour once a week.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    mgalovic01 wrote: »
    Combat cardio boredom with boxing style workouts like hitting a heavy bag, double ended bag, or speed bag, jumping rope, and shadow boxing. You can add knees, elbows and kicks to your repertoire, and do calisthenics in between, like jump squats, push-ups and crunches. Walking lunges on the treadmill are also good.
    Yeah, but you'd need instruction on that. Plus equipment to do it. I'm all for it, but there are many gyms and homes that don't give members access to this without paying extra.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I don't know it. I have no cardio goals. I've become the typical chunky little power lifter....I might try to do some to lean out for summer but god, probably not.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,130 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the "do cardio" "hate cardio" kind of rhetoric. There are too darn many activities under that umbrella to say anything much sensible about them as a group. That nice @middlehaitch named a bundle of the individual possibilities, and others have named their faves, too.

Me, I love to row, on the water. Biking is fun (when it's too windy to row). Spin class is fun, too.

Treadmill? Elliptical? Just shoot me now.

OP, good for you for getting in a solid workout. Keep that up. If you're not finding it fun, keep trying different things - giving each enough time that you get past the newbie awkward stage, before you give up on it - until you find something fun. That makes it so much easier and happier!

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Cardio and lifting weights is for fitness and health. They are NOT necessary for weight loss if that is your goal. There are so many examples of lifters don't do cardio and are fit and lean.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I know, but its a plus if I ever need to outrun zombies so I'll power through lol
    Yeah, I pretty much despise cardio to, but I do it for fitness (so I don't gas out kickboxing) and for good heart health.
    I won't try to out run a zombie. I'll just grab a person next to me (who's not a family member) and toss them at them.

As the saying goes: When you're being chased by a bear, you don't need to be faster than the bear - you just need to be faster than one other person being chased. :D
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hate cardio if it's on a stationary machine. Hate is an understatement. Cardio outdoors is more my style and way less of a chore.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I use a Nordic track ski machine. It's finally at the point where I feel like something is missing if I don't do it. (Apart from those days where I get at least an hour's walk in, but I live in Canada, we are in a cold snap right now, and if I don't have an errand to run, I'm staying indoors.)
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I hate cardio too but I have to do it so I watch series while I'm doing it lol