question for those who love salads!

Options
2»

Replies

• toothgal5
    toothgal5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love adding warm chili to chopped romaine. It adds a nice crunch. U could top with a dollop of lite sour cream too.
  • hopalong315
    hopalong315 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spinach, chicken, apple slices, gorgonzola, dried cranberries, Balsamic dressing, and sometimes walnuts
  • Doctorsookiestrikesback
    Options
    can't really add much to the above except I have found goat's cheese to be wonderful on salads. Dried pomegranates too. And yay for more salad ideas!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I just make boring, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, maybe bacon bits and sunflower seeds salad with salt sprinkled on top, lol

I'm with you on that. It's amazing what "salad" has become. I always just thought of it as a mix of chopped up vegetables.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Spinach, bean sprouts, sliced water chestnuts, toasted slivered almonds add some type of fruit diced, pears . Dressing mayo, white wine vinegar, sugar. Can add diced red onion or ? To your liking.
  • sonnshine27
    sonnshine27 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like
    - baby spinach, butternut squash, roasted peppers in olive oil, rocket, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and some feta
    - apple, pecans, rocket, mixed leaves, avocado, feta and a maple syrup vinagrette
    - edemame, mixed leaves, miso roasted eggplant, cherry tomatoes, fresh and pickled spiralized cucumber
    - chicken breast marinated in Chinese rice wine, soya sauce, ginger and garlic, served wiyh shredded chinese cabbage, chopped romaine lettuce, shredded carrot, crushed roasted peanut and spicy peanut sauce
    - when im lazy though I just do romaine lettuce cups with tuna salad (red onion and tomato) or chopped bbq chicken and hummus

• aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My favourite lazy salad that I take to work for lunch is:

canned red kidney beans (or whatever beans I have in the cupboard)
    canned sweetcorn (not creamed!)
    chopped fresh salad veggies (capsicum, tomato and a little onion or scallion would be my favourite)
    and dress with ready made tomato salsa, the sort you buy for dipping chips

sonnshine27 - I am intrigued by your miso roasted eggplant - how do you make that?
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I like putting spinach, sliced carrots, red peppers, banana peppers or pepperocinis, quinoa, meat preference (I use either tofu, chorizo seitan, boiled eggs and/or sliced turkey), quinoa and some corn salsa. I don't bother with dressing since the corn salsa normally is enough for me. I occasionally put black beans in there as well.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I use a variety of lettuce and I add:

Cheese
    Beans (black and kidney are my go to)
    Spicy Chicken Boca (vegetarian "meat")
    Avocado
    Flax Seeds
    Red Onions
    Tomatos
    Croutons
    Bolthouse Classic Ranch

My salads are usually mixing bowl size and can get up to 600 calories:)
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Shredded chicken taco salad
    put some frozen chicken breast in a crockpot with some chicken broth and a packet of taco seasoning. Cook on low 8 hours and then shred. I will make the salad portion (lettuce, corn, black beans, avocado, tomato, etc...) in one container and then have the shredded chicken in another. Warm up the chicken, plop on top of the salad and you are good to go! My go-to dressing is a fiesta/chipotle ranch.