The fat kid? Not anymore! Almost to ONEderland. (pic)

Options
Hey! So, I never really introduced myself on here, but I've been using MFP since February.

Being overweight has been a lifelong thing for me. I was the kid who never ran the mile in school, couldn't do a pull-up, and certainly wasn't picked in any hurry when it came time to choose teams for a game of kickball. I was just the fat kid. That was that.

That's a hard thing to explain, that acceptance of being overweight. I hated it, I would complain to my close friends about it and the self-esteem issues that naturally stemmed from it, but I would never do anything about it. It was just... normal.

Normal to feel like you have to beat everyone else to the fat jokes so that they never tell any. Normal to wonder if you'll need to sit in the "modified" seat on amusement park rides. Normal to order a second drink with your fast food order just so the drive-thru employee won't think the food is all for you (even though it is).

Yeah... normal.

Then in February, enough was enough. I was tired of being fat.

I was tired of feeling held back and like I wasn't good enough. I was tired of being uncomfortable in my own skin and of using my weight as an excuse for why things didn't work out. And truthfully, I just kind of wanted to prove to myself and everyone around me that it didn't define me.

When you reach that point, motivation is in pretty good supply.

So I started using MFP and got a membership at a local gym. I spent hours and hours Googling information on nutrition so that I knew what foods to avoid and which ones would help.

And I started spending way too much money at Panera Bread on my lunch breaks, haha.

Since then, I've gone from 276 pounds to 200 pounds (tauntingly close to the mythical "ONEderland!").

I don't have a lot of pictures (I've always avoided the camera, which comes from those self-esteem issues I mentioned), but here's the best before-and-after I've got at the moment. I'll take a better one after when I exceed my goal.

fat.jpg

(yes, I know, you're not supposed to catch the balls, but the other person missed, haha)

Replies

• dsreilly
    dsreilly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow......well done you look great :)
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!

You'll be in ONEderland by next week!!
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep up the good work!!! Very proud of you!!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job! Wonderful work! Be Proud!
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's a huge difference and you look great! Congrats on all your hard work :smile:
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! :flowerforyou:
  • aslm
    aslm Posts: 71
    Options
    You look fantastic, well done, congrats :)
  • greensnow
    greensnow Posts: 73
    Options
    You look awesome- really inspirational!!
  • katieneuner
    Options
    This is wonderful motivation! i completely understand what it feels like to be the bigger kid, and you look great! thanks for sharing!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Congratulation to you. You've done such a great job. You should be so proud of yourself and I know that you are. Greatttttttttttt job......

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    WOW!
  • lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow, very gorgeous, you,ve done excellent keep going those ONEderlands are in site.
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Brilliant EvanR - outstanding and motivational transition. You should be proud, hold your head high. Best of luck with your continuing journey - though it looks like you've got all the right stuff - no luck needed.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Absolutely terrific! Well done on your weightloss journey so far!
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Options
    Wow, that's an excellent level of progress and it sounds like your frame of mind is the biggest change of all. Well done you! You should be proud of yourself.
  • Lynnsimmons
    Options
    Awesome Job.!! Sad that u went through so much of ur life thinking about your outside wrapper. You look fantastic!!! I think some people who havent had to deal with weight issues truely have no idea how hard it is and how much strength it takes to get it off!! Be proud of yourself, that's a huge accomplishment!!
  • Lynnsimmons
    Options
    Awesome Job.!! Sad that u went through so much of ur life thinking about your outside wrapper. You look fantastic!!! I think some people who havent had to deal with weight issues truely have no idea how hard it is and how much strength it takes to get it off!! Be proud of yourself, that's a huge accomplishment!!
  • aldiaz381
    aldiaz381 Posts: 21
    Options
    Amazing!!! Your story is very inspirational, thank you for sharing.
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    wow great job onederland is right around the corner :)
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're a big inspiration for others to keep going because you have proof that it's been working and can be done. Thank you for sharing your success! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!