Think I'm starting to fall off the wagon

Options
I was doing so good staying away from fast food and junk food for last 3 months and lost 30 lbs total but today I allowed myself fast food and then when I got home all I wanted to do was snack on sweets and chips

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. One day won't make or break you. Just log the food and move on.
  • Katie090307
    Katie090307 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah I guess you're right. I completely avoided it. I always cook at home and only ate out 3 times since I started loosing weight and even then I ate salad and today I allowed myself something little and ended up eating a lot of things I shouldn't have
  • Katie090307
    Options
    Thank you
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Don't stress if you bugger up on one day, if you really want it just have it for one meal and tomorrow strap on your running shoes and get back to it. No need to give up completely because you need a little cheat day :)
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Nah... don't worry about it. Tomorrow is a new green day.
  • alecgrodecki
    alecgrodecki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what everyone else has said. The basic principle is that it's about what you do most of the time, not what you do only some of the time. You can allow yourself to have cheat meals/days every so often and indulge in the junk food, so long as you are able to get back to your normal meal plan.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Nemi1989 wrote: »
    I was doing so good staying away from fast food and junk food for last 3 months and lost 30 lbs total but today I allowed myself fast food and then when I got home all I wanted to do was snack on sweets and chips

It happens. The best thing to do is to try and get back to the way you usually eat as soon as possible. Chart the meal you over ate on or what have you and move forward to the next one. It's life! No one said you couldn't eat what you want anyway. Just try not to keep doing it consistently day after day and it will be fine.
  • laburto
    laburto Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's ok! It's hard to eat healthy..I'm the same. I've been eating healthy and then all of a sudden I crave junk food. The key is moderation..u can eat anything with moderation and you should be fine! Keep it up!
  • Katie090307
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really shouldn't have cut out fast food from my diet completely. I'll try to incorporate it into my calorie limit maybe once a week so I don't have another day like yesterday.
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! Incorporate reasonable amounts of fast food and use it as something you enjoy as opposed to something that controls you. The difference is all in the mental attitude.

Ice cream used to be a binging trigger for me. After working hard on my attitude toward it, I now regularly eat moderate amounts of ice cream. I plan for it, log it, enjoy it, and then move on with my life. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    That's not falling off the wagon. Doing it for weeks would be. ONE DAY of indulgence won't derail consistency. That said, if you like fast food and chips, leave calories for them.
    I eat fast food at least once a week and ice cream and snacks that are sweet are a daily thing for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For me, it is all about the logging. I lost down to my goal two years ago. I allowed myself to eat "non diet" foods such as fast food, just logged it and tried hard to stay at my calorie goal. Once I stopped logging it, I slipped a little more, and a little more... Now two years later, not logging for a year, I am right back where I started. So here I am again. But when I eat fast foods, I just need to log it, watch the calories and move on. If you log it, it is not cheating! It is just higher calories for that meal, have to cut somewhere else.
  • Katie090307
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the replies. I definitely did much better today and to my surprise this morning was even a pound down. So my question now is could a person be loosing too much weight? Too fast? Is that bad? In last 7 days I lost almost 5lbs and 30 lbs total in less then 3 months. I'm 5'5" SW194 CW164 I eat 1200 -1400 calories per day and run on treadmill 3-6 miles a day (depending on the day) 5-6 days a week I never eat exercise calories back. Am I doing this wrong?