Slim fast works!!!

Hi guys,
I started my journey in Feb. 20, 2017. I have been struggling with my weight for almost 2 years. I quit smoking and had my third child. Ever since I have gained almost 30 lbs and have tried everything. I have been doing the slimfast diet and have lost 4.7lbs. I am really seeing results, have more energy, and feel great!!!

Replies

• roundcanuck
    roundcanuck Posts: 12 Member
    Congrats on the loss so far! That's great keep it up. I've just started using slimfast today and want to lose 35 pounds. Fingers crossed with exercise, slimfast and cutting out junk I'll get there.
  • JaymeHayes14
    JaymeHayes14 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi roundcanuck,
    I also want to lose 30 lbs. The slim fast diet seems to be helping so much. I drink a shake in the morning for breakfast and eat and apple. Then for lunch another shake and a banana, then for a snack I eat a 4 oz. activia, and the. For dinner I literally eat whatever I want just a smaller portion and I eat slower. I also have been exercising for 20 minutes a day. I know I have heard that slim fast "tricks" your body with sugar but, I am learning to eat healthier items along with it. I am not hungry because I can eat fruits with it or in between. I also log everything and I mean everything and portion my foods. So far I am happy with my results. Good luck to you!!
  • roundcanuck
    roundcanuck Posts: 12 Member
    Hi roundcanuck,
    I also want to lose 30 lbs. The slim fast diet seems to be helping so much. I drink a shake in the morning for breakfast and eat and apple. Then for lunch another shake and a banana, then for a snack I eat a 4 oz. activia, and the. For dinner I literally eat whatever I want just a smaller portion and I eat slower. I also have been exercising for 20 minutes a day. I know I have heard that slim fast "tricks" your body with sugar but, I am learning to eat healthier items along with it. I am not hungry because I can eat fruits with it or in between. I also log everything and I mean everything and portion my foods. So far I am happy with my results. Good luck to you!!

Good for you! As long as you're happy and feel it's working that's great. You'll always have others who like to state facts etc but I take it with a grain of salt. I don't see Slimfast as a long term plan but it works for me and my lifestyle right now so I'm happy. Right now I'm having just coffee and a low fat yogurt for breakfast. I'm really not a big breakfast person but I may start to have a shake in the mornings too before workouts. I have a vanilla shake for lunch then snacks I usually have some fresh veggies with humous or fruit. Dinner is the same as you really, I eat whatever I want. I'm just trying to watch portion sizes and make healthier choices and log everything. I eat when I'm bored so I've been drinking lots of green tea and forcing myself to increase water too. For exercise I'm jogging on my treadmill for 20 minutes each day and today I've added about 20-30 minutes of Pilates to that. Good luck to you and I'm here if you need it :smile:
  • Jinsenj
    Jinsenj Posts: 27 Member
    Great job. As long as it's working for you, I've tried and it doesn't do it for me but my friend lost 40lbs using the plan for her wedding and has managed to keep the weight off for 8 years now so it taught her something :).
  • gunnmike
    gunnmike Posts: 15 Member
    So you lose the pounds via the magic that is slimmest. Then what?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Jinsenj wrote: »
    Great job. As long as it's working for you, I've tried and it doesn't do it for me but my friend lost 40lbs using the plan for her wedding and has managed to keep the weight off for 8 years now so it taught her something :).

Your friend didn't learn anything from SlimFast.....but she apparently had good weight management skills in place. 5-10% of people who lose weight DO manage to keep it off.

I mean what can you possibly learn from meal replacements....drink shakes & then eat dinner. Not a whole lot of education there, unless she's still using shakes.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,297 Member
    Meal replacements can be easy to prepare and you do not have to think about them but there is no substitute for real home prepared meals. I really hope those of you using these products do not go the same way as a good friend of mine, she did not live to see her family grow up. Her medics were appalled at how she had been using this product. The recommendations now are you have proper meals as well. You only get one chance at this life so please do not mess it up. How many calories in a glass of synthetic chemicals. You'd do better with a freshly made smoothie which covers a appropriate food groups with fresh vitamins and minerals this way you would learn the value of true foods. Its too late when your health is well and truly scuppered.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Calorie deficit works
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    For those with sarcastic comments thank you so very much. I guess any type of response is better then no response. Yes, I know this is not a lifetime change but for in the moment it has helped me. I have been given the start I was wanting. I know I have to learn to eat healthier and that's what I have been doing. I am just learning that I don't have to eat all the time or because I am bored. Slimfast has just shown me that I can lose weight and that I don't have to eat tons to get full. But thank you everyone even the people with nothing nice to say. I just know in my heart your just trying to help!

No one is being sarcastic or not nice, just realistic. Everyone wants you to succeed. It's just that most of us have been there, done that and have chosen to reach our goals in a manner that can sustain us for the rest of our lives. If someone can use slim fast to lose, then transition to healthy eating to maintain, more power to them, but they will be the exception. Good luck to you.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    It works as your in calorie deficit
    Eat real foods your body doesn't want artificial powders
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    It works because it trains your tummy to accept less matter.
    I'm on it, and I find the days when I stick to it to be far more successful than the days I skip.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    Slimfast or ANY shake plan works if all you do is drink a couple of shakes and eat a 600 calorie dinner. All this is is a program of calorie deficit.
    Just so the OP doesn't think I'm not being nice, I'll just let you know that liquid diets have the HIGHEST rate of weight regain. Why? Because you'll find hardly anyone that will do that FOR LIFE. Eventually you'll go back to eating solid food and most programs that are prepackaged for weight loss teach you NOTHING on how to moderate you food or portions.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!