The Diamond Challenge: Week 1 (Little Diamonds)

Options

Replies

• lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD (7/21): What is your favorite fun, active thing to do that is not a regulated workout? (*Ahem*, keep it PG folks ). This might be something you get to do on a regular basis, or it might be something you've only had the opportunity to do a few times, like kayaking or rock climbing. If nothing comes to mind, make a plan to do something active this week. Have fun!

Mine has to be Horse Riding, which I have been doing since I was little. I did have my own for a while but had to give him up as I just didn't have the time or money :sad: I don't go as much as I would like to these days, need to get back into it as i miss it soooo much!!! It's great fun and good exercise too :happy:

Lisa :flowerforyou:
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD (7/21): What is your favorite fun, active thing to do that is not a regulated workout? (*Ahem*, keep it PG folks ). This might be something you get to do on a regular basis, or it might be something you've only had the opportunity to do a few times, like kayaking or rock climbing. If nothing comes to mind, make a plan to do something active this week. Have fun!

Ok with 5 kids I really don't have much time to do very much of anything. But last weekend my husband and I took the kids for a walk around a local lake and out the back behind the playground was this big grassy hill. My 3 little boys and I raced up to the top and the boys rolled back down to the bottom (I just kinda jogged down behind them, no way was I rolling down there :laugh: ) but it was so much fun and they all thought it was a great game to beat Mummy up to the top (of course I had to let them win almost every time!!!). We did it for ages and it was a great calorie burner!!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options

Hello diamonds! I think for me it has to be playing with my little boy, throwing him in the air and swishing him round... not much of a workout at the mo as he is only 19 pounds, but my muscles are growing with him!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Morning Barb! Another day to LOSE!!!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD (7/21): What is your favorite fun, active thing to do that is not a regulated workout? (*Ahem*, keep it PG folks :wink: ). This might be something you get to do on a regular basis, or it might be something you've only had the opportunity to do a few times, like kayaking or rock climbing. If nothing comes to mind, make a plan to do something active this week. Have fun!

Great QOTD! Okay, I definitely love riding my bike. I am lucky enough to live near an awesome paved trail along the river (I live in Philly... trails are not abundant). I am 30 minute ride away from Center City and an easy commute to lots of local events such as festivals. My most active days are ones where I hop on my bike... because I can ride all day without noticing. AKA major calorie burn :-) In fact, I am ordering a new bike right now... one that I can attach a basket to so that my dog can ride with me in comfort! (Right now I stick him in my backpack.)

On a complete side note, the ad on my page right now is advertising Skinny Cow caramel clusters. They look amazing. Has anyone tried them?
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD (7/21): What is your favorite fun, active thing to do that is not a regulated workout? (*Ahem*, keep it PG folks :wink: ). This might be something you get to do on a regular basis, or it might be something you've only had the opportunity to do a few times, like kayaking or rock climbing. If nothing comes to mind, make a plan to do something active this week. Have fun!

Good morning!! Let's see, my favorite fun activity that I do get to do pretty regularly is hiking/walking with my kids. I love seeing them explore nature and getting some exercise at the same time. I live near some really beautiful state parks with lots of hiking trails, and we take advantage of that for family outings. :smile: As for a fun activity that I don't get to do very often, I kayak and canoe, but I don't get to do that much. I also love rock climbing! My hubby worked a bit at an indoor rock climbing facility, and I enjoyed climbing there! Haven't been in a long time.

@miss_jamaica: I haven't tried the caramel clusters, but I've tried some other Skinny Cow products and they were delicious. All this talk of ice cream makes me want to pick some up when I go grocerty shopping today. :laugh:

Have a great one, fellow diamonds! :flowerforyou: It's going to be a HOT one here where I am today. Ugh....
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

On a complete side note, the ad on my page right now is advertising Skinny Cow caramel clusters. They look amazing. Has anyone tried them?

I love taking my black lab, Mindy, to the beach to swim. It's a nice 15 minute walk through the woods, then down the hill to the beach. I throw her water toy over and over - she can never get enough. Occasionally I have to chase her down the beach because she loses focus and sees someone she wants to visit (ok, that part isn't as much fun!)

Regarding the Skinny Cow caramel clusters, I LOVE the dark chocolate ones. There are six very small clusters in one pack. I try to eat only three at a time and save the rest for another day. Just enough to curb my chocolate craving. I also really like the Skinny Cow peanut butter bars. They remind me of Butterfinger Crisp bars.

Have a great day everyone! It's another scorcher - calling for a heat index of 110 degrees in Cleveland today. I'm going to a concert tonight with my mom so although I won't get a workout in, I plan to dance the night away :)
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD (7/21): What is your favorite fun, active thing to do that is not a regulated workout?

Beating my dude in basketball... :bigsmile: He is the most competitive person. You will get a major workout playing ball against him.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD (7/21): What is your favorite fun, active thing to do that is not a regulated workout?

I would have to say walking the malls, stores, and shopping! That is without my little bundles of joy and husband, of course! :laugh: With my family, I love to walk the trails and view nature at its finest.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options

My favorite thing to do would have to be go out dancing...it's not something I do very often anymore, but when I do get the opportunity, I have a blast :happy:
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options

I love to dance :) I also love to swim. I dont swim often because I dont have a pool and I dont have a pool membership but I love it when I do go. I used to dance all the time but once I broke my my foot and sprained the other one they hurt when I dance a lot :(
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi Diamonds!

I love going to our local theme park with my friend. She uses a wheelchair out and about and the park is set in beautiful countryside, so although the paths are paved, they're hilly. It's a great workout, pushing her up the hills and having to break into a run on the way down to avoid being dragged over. But due to cost, we don't go very opften.

same with ice skating, I live an hour and a half from my nearest rink and can't afford the train fare regularly to go skating :(

I did my first spin class today, loved it. Don't love the pain I'm in now from the saddle though! Hopefully that gets better with more classes!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

I love to go dancing and when its not triple digits, we take my 2 y/o daughter outside to play soccer.

I rarely get the chance to swim, ride a bike, or go horseback riding, but I would enjoy doing them again.

I've never gone hiking, kayaking, or rock climbing, but I want to give them a go.
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Horseback Riding, Rock Climbing, Backpacking, Camping, Horseback Riding, Hiking, Swimming, Running, Tennis, Rollerblading, Dancing... if I have to move, I love it! I have a desk job, but that is not where my heart is!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    @miss_jamaica: The clusters are pretty good. I've had them. But.... I REALLY LOVE Skinny Cow's Heavenly Crisp bar. It's 110 calories and it is DELICIOUS! It tastes like a real candy bar. I don't even know I'm eating something healthier. :bigsmile:
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options

Horseback riding and kayaking most definitely! I haven't done either since high school though, total bummer. I need to get back into it! I used to spend all day out on the lake kayaking!
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options

When I do Shaun T Hip Hop ABS, my 16 month old son likes to dance with me. So, I like to dance with my 16 month old. He's a special needs child so he's a challenge. He's delayed in some aspects and advanced in others. I also like to take him to the pool, but I don't get to do that much. Daddy, Mommy, and son only go to the pool once a week (on the weekend), as a family thing for about 45 minutes.
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thu 07/21/11 12:10 AMThursday's QOTD (7/21): What is your favorite fun, active thing to do that is not a regulated workout?

I really enjoy dancing although I don't do that much except for zumba but I also like hiking, biking and playing with kids in a pool like marco polo and diving for things.
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've never gone hiking, kayaking, or rock climbing, but I want to give them a go.

You should definitely try them. I love doing all 3 for completely different reasons. I like hiking for the view and the cardio. Kayaking is great because I love being on the water, I find it incredibly relaxing and beautiful, and it's a great core/upper body workout. And rock climbing is great physically and mentally, and when you go outdoors, you get to see some amazing scenery. Plus, it's a very social activity.

I'd also like to suggest geocaching to anyone who is looking to get out and walk/hike more either on their own or with kids. My boyfriend and I geocache, and it's taken us all over the place. I'm planning on taking my nephews soon because I think they'll love the treasure-hunting aspect of it.
  • cassiejoyy
    cassiejoyy Posts: 82
    Options

Mine would have to be.....hmmmm......swimming! (: