Why now?

Options
What's your reason for losing weight now?

I'v tried most diets in the past and gave up. But now something is different. I'm in the zone. Can't explain why. I just am. This is it. I'm over a month in and I am so motivated. Pushing myself daily. I'm enjoying my food and the exercise is something I'd struggle not doing. 36 days and 1st 4lbs gone.

I'd love to hear your why ☺

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    something flipped in my head after i did an experiment...never switched off. No real aha moment or anything...
  • JEE2015
    JEE2015 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Don't want to be a failure in my own eyes.....
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I've never been happy overweight I just went about losing with fad diets never really knowing how to keep it off.

This time I know how to keep it off so it's all on me now.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My reason for losing weight was always the same - I didn't like being overweight.

My reason for keeping it off was one I didn't find before I found MFP - I like to eat and move this way.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My main reason is because I want to be healthy and look amazing naked.

Why now? That's hard to say. It does seem like a switch has been flipped.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    To keep from developing diabetes at the same age or earlier than my dad did (42)
  • latifa175
    latifa175 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    After having 2 babies, I deserve my body back but its not easy. Stubborn fat is STUBBORN.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I didn't really set out to lose weight...I set out to correct a bunch of pretty bad health markers. Losing weight was a nice bi-product of living a healthier life in general.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I was sort of becoming ready to address my weight. I'd always maintained overweight then a rough couple of years and medication hunger pushed me almost to a BMI of 36 and a threat from my GP to take me off the birth control that controls my acne. Acne wasn't the sole reason but that appointment flipped the switch. Started slowly losing without logging then a few months later decided to get really serious and started exercising too.

Initially I just wanted to fit into my old clothes. Then I found it all not that hard (relatively, it's never easy) and that I actually loved exercise much as I tried to deny it for a few years. So here am I am, about to be a healthy BMI for the first time in my life and with an actual naked me aesthetic goal I am working for.
  • RosieS_1980
    RosieS_1980 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I was super fit and got a heart issue so didn't train for the entire of 2016. I found out it wasn't serious in Jan so decided to get back to my former self :) it's scary how easy it is to gain weight and how hard it is to lose it! :o
  • healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Just quit two years of personal training, don't want to regain all the weight I lost. Plus, there's a lovely jacket that is slightly tight on me that I'd like to fit into.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Spring is around the corner ;) time to get ready for bikini season! I actually started in 2014, wasn't expecting much, but lost more than I expected. Have gone on and off since then
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    On 1st Jan, I weighed myself and got a shock. I was just shy of 200lbs (at 5ft 3 - not good!) and the heaviest I've ever been. It was also exactly a year until my 40th birthday, and, like the OP, something flipped in my brain.

So after years of half-hearted attempts to lose some weight - and a track record of bailing at the first stall on the scales - I'm finally taking it seriously and in for the long haul. I'm 22lbs down and definitely in the zone!

Wow! This is me! Heaviest weight ever Dec 31st. And same height. Will be 40 in September. Something flipped for me too. Just didn't want to be in that place anymore and ever again. Nice job on your loss! I'm almost 8 pounds down since 1/1. Hooray us!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I realized that it wasn't a case of bad pictures or angles...that was what I looked like.

I lost 30 pounds in 4 months last spring, then maintained (well...gained 10 back) over the fall/winter and decided to take my time this time. I'm averaging a pound a week or so now and I am SO much happier and healthier than last spring.

And if I reach my goal by this summer- greatn and if not? Meh...there's no hurry, it will come eventually 'cause this is just how I live now.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    To address current and prevent future health issues. I want to look good and feel comfortable in my skin. More self respect and confidence. I want to be independent as long as I can. Why now? If I wait for the perfect time it might never come, or if I don't make time to care for myself I'll have to make time for diabetes and bypass surgery. No thanks!
  • jenwen1
    jenwen1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I watched an autopsy on an obese woman on tv! It's was gross. Don't want all that heart disease and liver malfunction and yellow fat layers hampering my health. That's it. Flicked a switch in me that is staying on. 25lbs down so far this year. 75lbs to go.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I am 46 years old and have spent the last 20 years obese. Enough is enough. My kids never saw me any way but fat and sedentary.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was sick of being sick and tired and wanted to lower my risk for heard disease.