Cutting sugars and carbs

Options
I'm finding it hard cutting out sugars and carbs even in small portions, I feel like thats the main thing that's stopping me shed some pounds, anyone have tips and I know fruit is better to have when you get a sugar cravings but hey it not exactly like chocolate:(

Replies

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am pretty in love with the Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups. Delicious after dinner and I usually have one or two. They're 67 calories each. They seem to do the trick for me, sweetness and chocolate-wise.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    latifa175 wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard cutting out sugars and carbs even in small portions, I feel like thats the main thing that's stopping me shed some pounds, anyone have tips and I know fruit is better to have when you get a sugar cravings but hey it not exactly like chocolate:(

How much are you eating daily?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Read up on what carbs is and does, and then decide whether it's useful for you to cut down, and how much.

If you aren't losing weight, you're not eating at a calorie deficit.

If you've just started, you may not see your loss on the scale yet.

Or are you losing but not as fast as you expected?

It may even be that you shouldn't lose weight. What's your height and current weight?
  • 007lt
    007lt Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5 2"n carrying 'baby weight' around my midsection, thighs and on my arms. I'm 61kg so 134lbs, I'm trying to lose weight on stubborn areas. I don't over eat but I do feel like I lose weight when I avoid heavy carbs and sugars, I don't know how to control it and have a small amount, I just really go ham :/
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    eat more protein and veggies. boring, but it does the trick.
  • 007lt
    007lt Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    eat more protein and veggies. boring, but it does the trick.

Thanks will do