gained 1- now im bummed

Options
WHAT HAPPENED? i know its only 1 pound but i was expecting it to be 1 pound in the OTHER direction! GREAT! yuck!

Replies

• cmmoreland
    Options
    WHAT HAPPENED? i know its only 1 pound but i was expecting it to be 1 pound in the OTHER direction! GREAT! yuck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Sorry! I know just how you're feeling! I've been stuck, or gaining a few, for the last 2 months! I was REALLY thinking that THIS week, I'd FINALLY start losing again, but, nope, stayed the same AGAIN! :grumble:
  • cmmoreland
    Options
    im so frustrated! i bet you are too! i just dont get it! argh! great way to start the day! my kids at school better be good! haha!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Im hopping on the same boat, no weight loss in weeks:grumble: :noway: ,so had a chocolate yesterday:sad: dammit and almost had a can of diet coke too:blushing:, still dont feel happy today and it is our 36th Wedding anniversary, bubbly tonight and who know's what for a dinner celebration AND I am not doing my normal excercise today either:angry: so no extra calories:sad: . Well tomorrow is another day and another chance to succeed:smile:............................or not?????????????

Life may not be the party we hoped for :grumble: :explode: but while we are here we might as well dance! :drinker: :blushing:" for tomorrow the scale talks and what a tale it will tell :huh:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    maybe you guys need to give your body a jolt and a couple hundred extra calories for a bit might help. When some people plateau, the only thing that works is to add some calories, maybe you have your metabolism revved up and it needs some more food. Just a thought. :smile:
  • cmmoreland
    Options
    i did lose an inch at my chest, waist, and hips...so i dont know whats going on. im just frustrated and bummed and im TRYING so hard NOT to lose my motivation to keep making better choices...especially with the weekend (and Superbowl) coming up now....:explode:
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just went through the same thing and it is soooooooooo depressing! When I took a long hard look at my net calorie intake for the last 30 days, I was truly shocked to see I was not giving my body enough to function. I made a concentrated effort to get very close to my calorie goal including the extra calories earned from exercise every day for a week and the scale moved! I lost 3 pounds! I also changed up my workout and backed down from 1 1/2 hours to 1 hour.
    Look at what you're doing in those two areas and mix it up. Your body may be telling you something isn't right or it needs a jolt to wake up again.
    Hang in there. As long as you are continuing to eat right and exercise, you are getting healthier. Whether or not that scale moves the way we want it to.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    maybe you guys need to give your body a jolt and a couple hundred extra calories for a bit might help. When some people plateau, the only thing that works is to add some calories, maybe you have your metabolism revved up and it needs some more food. Just a thought. :smile:

Oh, I PLAN to give my body a good "jolt" on Monday! I work at a school, and we're having a "tailgate" party, and I'm not even going to count calories that day, just enjoy ALL the pot luck stuff that everyone is bringing in! Course, it's no doubt gonna totally suck when I weigh in the very next morning! :laugh: