Night time munchies

Options
Following my calories through out the day no problem but come night time I get aggitated and crave sweetness any suggestions?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Keep calories back during the day.

I eat around 350 calories until 6.30pm, then I eat the rest. I like to have dinner then snack regularly until bedtime.
  • RobertJeromePutman500
    Options
    To help with my sweet cravings I drink a cup of chocolate almond milk.
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For sure! The evening is the killer for me. I do what I consider good all day, then from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm I feel like I am starving. Even trying brushing my teeth early in the evening, read that some where... I have been saving up some calories for the evening, so I can go ahead and snack some, and still be staying within budget. That seems to be working OK.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Plenty of protein during the day helps stave off my evening munchies - I sip water and tea and have formed the habit of not eating after dinner. (I used to eat out of boredom rather than hunger at night)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I usually save some calories for an evening snack.
  • zzsutphin91
    zzsutphin91 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Smoothie before bed
  • brettr23
    brettr23 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Following my calories through out the day no problem but come night time I get aggitated and crave sweetness any suggestions?

Hammer yourself on the toe....nah, I usually eat like one smore they are as low cal as you can get , also I smother Waldens Syrup on everything but at some point just gotta cry....wish I had better advice
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I was concerned that tonight would be troublesome because I usually schedule a snack after dinner. I'd recently re-organized my calories to have a pre-workout and a post-workout meal and those calories were taken this afternoon, so I had nothing planned for after dinner. My dinner pizza included 10g of chia seeds. I ate it at about 7:30 and have not felt any urge to eat since at all. I understand that the chia seeds absorb water from me and form a gel in my stomach, so that's perhaps keeping me full.
  • Niples_
    Niples_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    FEED your sweet tooth. Don't let this make you feel restricted. I keep Ghirardelli minis at my house. They are about 45 calories each depending on filling. I also like reese's miniatures. They are 18 calories each. As long as you got self control. Have 1 Ghirardelli or 3 or 4 reese's keep me cool. I just eat them super slow and savor every gram of it. Sometimes I do an extra 5 minutes on the eliptical so I can have another.
  • Camposmith
    Camposmith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm from Scotland can you tell me what a smore is? Hmmmm
  • zzsutphin91
    zzsutphin91 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @conniesmith1974 it's a two gram crackers with melted marshmallow and chocolate in between them
  • Camposmith
    Camposmith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh wow dam why don't we have them here lol
  • BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm having watermelon for my evening snack... low cal, njce and sweet, and the high water content leaves me feeling full (and hydrated, since it was 30degC here today). Sometimes I top it with a spoonful of greek yoghurt.
  • old_me
    old_me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Even though I know that eating before bed is not a good idea, I still crave chips or sweets. I started saving my calories for it, but not really healthy to eat useless calories. I started replacing my cravings with a cup or two of chocolate chai tea or vanilla rooibos tea with a teaspoon of xylitol. Seems to help so far.

I like the comment about upping the protein intake. I will try that too.
  • bellavita0926
    bellavita0926 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi....i am the same way! I eat so healthy during the day then at night all bets off. Very frustrating!
  • ajlbookey
    ajlbookey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a couple rice cakes with a small smear of peanut butter! Satisfies my craving for sweet, salty, and crunchy! Plus 2 are only about 100 calories or so!