Should I cut now, or wait? 1 year of bulking

Options
I have been lifting for around 18 months, 12 months seriously. I started properly bulking in September, and since then I have blown up and gained around 40lbs. I want to know whether it is a good idea to cut now, or continue lifting and making gains to make the most of the My newbie gains. I currently look like the fatter picture. s3g19jrb1996.png
And the leaner picture is me in August pre Bulk. Any advice on whether to continue bulking or start cutting for summer? I was 140 lbs when I started in September I'm now 180. Not sure if second picture attached lol.

Replies

• xHarrySims
    xHarrySims Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This was September me
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    @xHarrySims
    There is only one pic bud.
    Is that the post bulk pic?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    xHarrySims wrote: »
    This was September me

Post the other pic. Hopefully in the same stance.
  • xHarrySims
    xHarrySims Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    JB035 wrote: »
    @xHarrySims
    There is only one pic bud.
    Is that the post bulk pic?
    Yeah that's post bulk, I'll try attach the otherub22ymexnasm.png

• Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I vote cut :smile:
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    You could probably go another month. I wouldn't go much longer though. Bulk again next fall!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It depends.. how important are abs? You can go a little more if you want.. and then cut.. or if you want abs, I would cut now.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell. First pic you are flexed and second pic you look relaxed.
  • dannybias50
    dannybias50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    He sucking in and flexing. Unless your doing a show. But learning posing
  • abdullahozer11
    abdullahozer11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    definitely go for bulk, you are still very lean, and you should focus more on chest i think. Good job keep it goin
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Okay I don't know what you are looking for exactly, and as for preference I think we're all different in what we want ourselves to look like? Please do NOT take offense to this, but dude you have to bulk way more, I'm not sure what your body fat % is, but I would DEF say NOT TO CUT and to BULK! A couple of questions; how tall are you because that is going to factor in on an ideal weight for you, second is your body fat %....Right now I'm on the heavier looking side for my frame but I'm still going to continue to bulk until I literally can't stand how big I am, I'm eating healthy but maintaining caloric surplus and hitting it hard in the gym of course. I wll eventually start gradually cutting. It sounds like you have already gained a lot of weight, but based on the picture I think you can easily bulk more before you're too heavy and then cutting. If that makes any sense? You should measure not only your body fat %, but also other areas like your arms, shoulders, chest, stomach, waste, obviously we want our stomach and waste to be small and others to get bigger right, but when you bulk everything gets bigger, but it's still good to keep track. Hope this helps!
  • DTrain351
    DTrain351 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm with Seth1825. You should get and track measurements and bodyfat...and keep a record. Occassionally going thru the data to see where you were and where you've gone. Body weight is an indicator but not a great one unless your really overweight and looking to just loose weight. At 6' i'm hitting 235lbs but still look skinny. my diet tends to run at a deficit but i'm still gaining lean mass due to trying to eat right. I wouldnt try to cut at the moment either.
  • fit4lifee1986
    fit4lifee1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ya for sure keep bulking but keep it clean. Was in the same boat as u. Now lean bulking for a year.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Bulk on. You're still relatively lean.