zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    but I am 139.9 and I'd like to get to 127-130 zone
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »
    I have a decent amount of muscle, I train heavy...but I just want the scale to move down, I have been lifting for years, this year I started lifting heavier and supersetting my sets until burnout...my muscles are definitely bigger...

Your muscles can get more defined but you can't get havier (or stay the same weight) as a result if you are eating at a deficit because the extra weight has to come from somewhere. There is no magic involved and the only place extra weight can come from in either form, muscle or fat, is food. You have to be eating at maintenance if you are not losing.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    wait, how tall are you?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I'm 5"4.5
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I was eating at 1800-2000 calories staying the same weight, there is no way 1550 is maintenance too
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    You only altered your diet in the last week or two and as explained in 2 of your previous threads and by @VintageFeline you need to give it about 4-6 weeks to settle and then review it. You're expecting too much to change in a short period. Stick with what you're doing.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    The last itsy bitsy parts are the slowest of all. Patience and accuracy. That's all I got.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I've been here for 10 months...stagnant.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    but you just changed your calorie intake last week, not 10 months ago. Take the advice that people are giving you, give it a couple more weeks, stop obsessing over the scale for the next few and then come back if it's still not working.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    ok, I will...buti always thought a drastic cut in calories i would see something....
  • dpg2503
    dpg2503 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    and i can't drop my calories lower for the activity I do :(
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    I have a decent amount of muscle, I train heavy...but I just want the scale to move down, I have been lifting for years, this year I started lifting heavier and supersetting my sets until burnout...my muscles are definitely bigger...

Your muscles can get more defined but you can't get havier (or stay the same weight) as a result if you are eating at a deficit because the extra weight has to come from somewhere. There is no magic involved and the only place extra weight can come from in either form, muscle or fat, is food. You have to be eating at maintenance if you are not losing.

Not true. Sorry.

Yes the weight has to come off from somewhere. However, muscle gain will only occur if enough protein is consumed. If someone goes on a stripping diet ( burning fat but eating loads of protein) they can still put muscle mass on and lose fat. I've worked with many body builders and they've lost pounds, yet gained mucsle.

To the person posting. If you increased your exercise, you may of gained some muscle mass, but lost some fat mass. This can cause it to look like you've not succeeded as you'd hoped. Also if your female, it's scientifically ( and just plain old true to all females, it's the men that need the science) proven that we gain pounds in the days leading up to our periods, and often during. So I don't even bother to weigh myself until it's 3 days post period end!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    dpg2503 wrote: »
    and i can't drop my calories lower for the activity I do :(
    gebeziseva wrote: »

Not true. Sorry.

Yes the weight has to come off from somewhere. However, muscle gain will only occur if enough protein is consumed. If someone goes on a stripping diet ( burning fat but eating loads of protein) they can still put muscle mass on and lose fat. I've worked with many body builders and they've lost pounds, yet gained mucsle.

To the person posting. If you increased your exercise, you may of gained some muscle mass, but lost some fat mass. This can cause it to look like you've not succeeded as you'd hoped. Also if your female, it's scientifically ( and just plain old true to all females, it's the men that need the science) proven that we gain pounds days leading up to our periods, and often during. So I don't even bother to weigh myself until it's 3 days post period end!

She lowered her calories 2 weeks ago so no it's not muscle gains
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    since you are only trying to loose 10lbs, it will be slower and you shouldn't expect results over night - 2weeks is a very short time period - as reference - I'm eating just slightly below maintainance and losing .25-.5lb a week and have been doing that for close to 4mths and I'm down 10lbs
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I haven't done anything recently to change my work out, but I will see where I am holding next week sunday...im sure 1550 is a good number for me. I guess I started MFP the week before my period and now that I have it, it may be asking someyhing...i dunno. I always pick the perfect weeks to start
  • zfitgal
    Options
    since you are only trying to loose 10lbs, it will be slower and you shouldn't expect results over night - 2weeks is a very short time period - as reference - I'm eating just slightly below maintainance and losing .25-.5lb a week and have been doing that for close to 4mths and I'm down 10lbs

just curious, what is your maintenance and what is the amount your eating?

I know my maintenance is around 1850-2200...im at 1550...i set it to lose 1 pound a week...
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    my maintance is about 2150ish - I'm working with a RD and have a rhythm I follow that has a low of about 2100 and a high of 2400
  • zfitgal
    Options
    my maintance is about 2150ish - I'm working with a RD and have a rhythm I follow that has a low of about 2100 and a high of 2400

oh so you cycle! that's really good
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It can take a few weeks to see anything sometimes. It's annoying but life.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I've been here for 10 months...stagnant.

Not on this lower calories and accurate measurements, right?

Here's the deal, you're at a healthy weight for your height and losing the last few pounds is VERY hard to do. My recommendation is to lower you cals to 1,400-1,500 (no "exercise cals") and give it 4 weeks or so before weighing in again.

I've been there and it took me getting MUCH more detailed with my tracking, much more strict with my exercise, and daily consistency to drop those last few pounds. I mean 100% compliance with every calorie every exercise every single day.

Try that and report back.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    P.S. I am your height and i maintain 16-1700 calories on non workout days and 2,000-ish on workout days. If I wanted to drop more weight it takes 1,400 calories consistently along with more cardio and increased daily output.