weighed in and I'm so upset

Options

Replies

• zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    P.S. I am your height and i maintain 16-1700 calories on non workout days and 2,000-ish on workout days. If I wanted to drop more weight it takes 1,400 calories consistently along with more cardio and increased daily output.

You are right! I have not been at this calorie deficit for a long time, I know it takes time, I just thought I'd see something on the scale.

I was very hungry after lowering it this much, my body is just starting to get used to 1550, I'm going to give it another week and see...i know everything takes time, but working out and eating healthy is a lifestyle that I love, and not seeing movement on the scale and trying to get it to move is a job lol. Im getting over my period so I want to see where I am after...

are you very active? because I was maintaining at 1800-2000, I workout 6 days a week and have one off day.

• Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have to weigh daily. The reason is because weight fluctuations freak me out, I can completely mind *kitten* myself. So what I do is record the weight everyday then average it for the week. My weight varied within 4 pounds last week but the average was down .6 pounds from the average of the week before. If I would have weighed in on the high day after 2 weeks I would be the same. However if I weighed on the low day I'd be 3 pounds down. Edit to say I might even have weighed more.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »
    my maintance is about 2150ish - I'm working with a RD and have a rhythm I follow that has a low of about 2100 and a high of 2400

oh so you cycle! that's really good

yep

my protein stays constant (130g a day); my carbs cycle between 294, 274 and 204, and my fat between 66 and 76g - its worked well for me - although taking that leap and trusting my RD was huge because I'm eating more than I used to
  • zfitgal
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    I have to weigh daily. The reason is because weight fluctuations freak me out, I can completely mind *kitten* myself. So what I do is record the weight everyday then average it for the week. My weight varied within 4 pounds last week but the average was down .6 pounds from the average of the week before. If I would have weighed in on the high day after 2 weeks I would be the same. However if I weighed on the low day I'd be 3 pounds down. Edit to say I might even have weighed more.

how do I do that and track my average? I never weighed myself daily before only once a week
  • deannalfisher
    Options
    there are apps you can use - personally, I just log it on my fitbit app and it sends the info to MFP - I'm sure it bugs ppl to get a status update of my weight every day...
  • zfitgal
    Options
    my maintance is about 2150ish - I'm working with a RD and have a rhythm I follow that has a low of about 2100 and a high of 2400

yep

my protein stays constant (130g a day); my carbs cycle between 294, 274 and 204, and my fat between 66 and 76g - its worked well for me - although taking that leap and trusting my RD was huge because I'm eating more than I used to

that's great! was your goal to lose slower? what made you go to a RD?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Suggestion: Try using a weight trend app such as Happy Scale (iOS), Libra (Android) or Trendweight/Weightgrapher (web). Weigh daily, input the numbers and it calculates a moving average along with other relevant data.
  • deannalfisher
    Options

yep

i wanted to focus on athletic performance - and had a random add pop up on my facebook for an online company with multiple RD's - so thought I would check out - and its been great so far - I really knuckled down the last 4 months (was a member for 6 before that but didn't really jump in)
  • zfitgal
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Suggestion: Try using a weight trend app such as Happy Scale (iOS), Libra (Android) or Trendweight/Weightgrapher (web). Weigh daily, input the numbers and it calculates a moving average along with other relevant data.

Thank you so much I will!
  • zfitgal
    Options

yep

i wanted to focus on athletic performance - and had a random add pop up on my facebook for an online company with multiple RD's - so thought I would check out - and its been great so far - I really knuckled down the last 4 months (was a member for 6 before that but didn't really jump in)

good for you that's great! :)
  • Barbs2222
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing the apps. You can also keep a chart of your weight everyday and then add all the days weight together, then divide by 7. The apps are cool though because they show you a line chart. It's fun to watch it go down.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Thank you so much I will!

and i put my weight in every day?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing the apps. You can also keep a chart of your weight everyday and then add all the days weight together, then divide by 7. The apps are cool though because they show you a line chart. It's fun to watch it go down.

i never thought to do this!
  • Barbs2222
    Options
    I enter my weight on mfp on either Saturday or Sunday and a lot of the times I'm entering something more than I actually weighed that morning. But it's the average and that's what I do, lol.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've been doing mfp for 2 weeks now, measuring EVERYTHING by the gram, and i mean evetythibg!! I went from eating 1800-2000 to 1550 and i lost nothing!!! I don't understand!!! I should have lost some thing from that drop in calories...how am I ever going to get to my goal??? I can't lose 1 pound! I have been in the same place for 10 months..

How have your measurements changed?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I've been doing mfp for 2 weeks now, measuring EVERYTHING by the gram, and i mean evetythibg!! I went from eating 1800-2000 to 1550 and i lost nothing!!! I don't understand!!! I should have lost some thing from that drop in calories...how am I ever going to get to my goal??? I can't lose 1 pound! I have been in the same place for 10 months..

How have your measurements changed?

like 2 cm in my thighs
  • one3six
    one3six Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I've been stuck on the scale for several days now and it can be really frustrating! I think what the trackers are saying is true - we fluctuate daily and for a variety of reasons. Take a breath, I know this is hard (especially with kids!), but there is just no way you can alter your lifestyle this way and not see results eventually. It'll come!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    P.S. I am your height and i maintain 16-1700 calories on non workout days and 2,000-ish on workout days. If I wanted to drop more weight it takes 1,400 calories consistently along with more cardio and increased daily output.

You are right! I have not been at this calorie deficit for a long time, I know it takes time, I just thought I'd see something on the scale.

I was very hungry after lowering it this much, my body is just starting to get used to 1550, I'm going to give it another week and see...i know everything takes time, but working out and eating healthy is a lifestyle that I love, and not seeing movement on the scale and trying to get it to move is a job lol. Im getting over my period so I want to see where I am after...

are you very active? because I was maintaining at 1800-2000, I workout 6 days a week and have one off day.

yes,i am a personal trainer and workout 5-6 days a week.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    dpg2503 wrote: »
    and i can't drop my calories lower for the activity I do :(
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    I have a decent amount of muscle, I train heavy...but I just want the scale to move down, I have been lifting for years, this year I started lifting heavier and supersetting my sets until burnout...my muscles are definitely bigger...

Your muscles can get more defined but you can't get havier (or stay the same weight) as a result if you are eating at a deficit because the extra weight has to come from somewhere. There is no magic involved and the only place extra weight can come from in either form, muscle or fat, is food. You have to be eating at maintenance if you are not losing.

Not true. Sorry.

Yes the weight has to come off from somewhere. However, muscle gain will only occur if enough protein is consumed. If someone goes on a stripping diet ( burning fat but eating loads of protein) they can still put muscle mass on and lose fat. I've worked with many body builders and they've lost pounds, yet gained mucsle.

What I said is that you cannot get heavier while on a deficit and claim the gain is from muscle mass. I think my post was pretty clear.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    dpg2503 wrote: »
    and i can't drop my calories lower for the activity I do :(
    I have a decent amount of muscle, I train heavy...but I just want the scale to move down, I have been lifting for years, this year I started lifting heavier and supersetting my sets until burnout...my muscles are definitely bigger...

Your muscles can get more defined but you can't get havier (or stay the same weight) as a result if you are eating at a deficit because the extra weight has to come from somewhere. There is no magic involved and the only place extra weight can come from in either form, muscle or fat, is food. You have to be eating at maintenance if you are not losing.

Not true. Sorry.

Yes the weight has to come off from somewhere. However, muscle gain will only occur if enough protein is consumed. If someone goes on a stripping diet ( burning fat but eating loads of protein) they can still put muscle mass on and lose fat. I've worked with many body builders and they've lost pounds, yet gained mucsle.

What I said is that you cannot get heavier while on a deficit and claim the gain is from muscle mass. I think my post was pretty clear.

I never claimed that I was getting heavier from muscle mass. I just stated I lift very heavy and have a substantial amount of muscle mass...

sry for the missunderstanding