Losing half your body weight in your 20's

Options
Hello all!!

So my name is Megan and I'm currently 24 (25 in May) and I am trying to lose almost 100 pounds. I wanted to know if there were more people on the same boat as me and wanted to make some friends to help keep each other motivated and on the right track. :D

My goal is to lose at least 5 by the end of summer, workout as much as possible (I do insanity workouts 6x a week) and try to keep my cravings in check.

Replies

• fatgirlandrobin
    fatgirlandrobin Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi! I'm Mori. I'm 22 and also trying to lose 100 pounds. I've lost 35 already and I want to lose 20 more by July. Feel free to add me! :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Do it now! Don't wait til you're in your 50s or 60s to lose half your body weight, as many of us here have had to do.
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and have lost just over 70 lbs in the last year and a half! Trying to lose another 20 by the end of summer. A little advice: I would focus more on food habits than exercise, even though it helps, changes in food will help more! Feel free to add me :)
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and on a journey to lose 125 pounds!
  • STC02
    STC02 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just turned 23 and have to lose another 60 pounds! Still not the ideal weight but it'll be good enough for me!
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • valdeeq
    valdeeq Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    27 and on my way to losing 80 lbs. Add me! Trying to replace MFP with Facebook - much more rewarding :blush:
  • GM3001
    GM3001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    23 and trying to lose 70lbs!! Just started using this again so friends would be helpful ha. I'm glad I'm not alone x
  • mama_shakes
    mama_shakes Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    28 and trying to lose another 65lbs! I've already lost 50, so together I'll have lost over 100! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! I found out I had a lot of health issues contributing to me being overweight and once I tweaked those and ate for my body type, I have been doing amazing and feeling amazing!
  • emilyrosefranc
    emilyrosefranc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and need to lose about 80lbs. I'll add you