Need to lose stomach not weight

Hi there my name is Nicole. I'm 19 days in I've lost 5 lbs thus far but my problem is I only want to lose my stomach/waistline I'm currently measuring 36" in the midsection when I started I was 38". I really want to keep the curves I currently have but it seems I'm losing weight every where else, I still look pregnant. How can I keep my curves but lose the gut, summer is coming please help!

Replies

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Exercise sit ups lunges rowing machine
    Maybe go to a gym and ask the trainers :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Losing body fat is systematic. Meaning if you lose body fat, it's going to come off everywhere. If you're holding weight in your waistline, that's due to genetics.
    You CANNOT spot reduce fat off an area of the body with exercising or eating a certain diet. The option for doing that is plastic surgery.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • hopeJones611
    hopeJones611 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you, plastic surgery is not an option for me unfortunately so I guess that means I have to lose it all get skinny again and then bulk back up the healthy way. I know it's not a genetics issue as I'm the only one in the immediate family with this issue which came about after having a child. I had a C-section and my stomach hasn't been the same since. Thanks for your advice.