What to Start Out With? Blogilates or Jillian Michaels

Options
I'm at the point of my weight loss journey where I am gonna have to start incorporating exercises. I'm trying to decide between these two as someone who is beginning to exercise.

I feel like Jillian Michael's Beginners Front and Back would be a good way to kickstart by going hard but I also think that I am getting off starting slow with Cassie's Pop Pilates.

Any suggestions? Please don't ask me to go which what sounds fun since they both do and that's why I'm asking lol

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started off with one of Jillian Michaels' workouts when I first started to exercise, and it's been love (and intense hatred while doing them because they are so good) ever since. Love her stuff and how quick/effective they are! I've noticed with a lot of her workouts there's a way to modify if you're new or having trouble, either by changing the setting of the workout or following one of the other trainers who are doing the modified version. I followed Anita for awhile when doing the 30 Day Shred when I began exercising... was still a good workout that led to progress. :)
  • lacost
    lacost Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have done Jillian's 30 day shred and enjoyed it. I have a hard time with Blogilaties after listening to Casey for an extended period of time. I find Jillian personally to be much more motivating. I would say choose whichever program you are more likely to stick to and go with that.
  • astraldr0p
    astraldr0p Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started off with one of Jillian Michaels' workouts when I first started to exercise, and it's been love (and intense hatred while doing them because they are so good) ever since. Love her stuff and how quick/effective they are! I've noticed with a lot of her workouts there's a way to modify if you're new or having trouble, either by changing the setting of the workout or following one of the other trainers who are doing the modified version. I followed Anita for awhile when doing the 30 Day Shred when I began exercising... was still a good workout that led to progress. :)

Thats awesome! I tried it for the first day and was immediately sore and tired that it took me a while to recover. Thats particularly why I was a little hesitant about starting her program first and just try to ease into it. But this made me even more excited to try hers first. Thank you!
    lacost wrote: »
    I have done Jillian's 30 day shred and enjoyed it. I have a hard time with Blogilaties after listening to Casey for an extended period of time. I find Jillian personally to be much more motivating. I would say choose whichever program you are more likely to stick to and go with that.

Which one did you ended up starting first?
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have Six Week Six Pack of Jillian Michaels, I'm with some of the above posters that she has a modifier in her workouts I like. Some days I can do intermediate level, but other days I don't feel like working out but am anyway I'll follow the modifier.