HAVE YOU EVER DONE A JUICE FAST

Options

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    The only study I can find any sensible info on was actually done with mice....

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/06june/pages/5-2-diet-style-fast-immune-booster-study-finds.aspx

I wouldnt put faith in any study that was only done with mice.

I have gone chemo, radiation, and also have a autoimmune disease. I'm far from an expert, but I've delt quite a bit personally with a immune system that is taxed and also how food effects it.

Most Oncologist will steer away and thoughts from this type of research or any of the like.

Reason being the current radical treatments for cancer alone make it hard to keep the body weight to a level acceptable for more treatments. A person eating less calories equates to less body weight. Delaying treatments or recovery of them is not ideal for those with higher stages of cancer.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I AM NOT ASKING ANYONE TO TELL ME HOW WRONG MY OPINION IS, BUT RATHER EXPERIENCES WITH IT! AND IF I WANT TO SHOUT, OR USE ALL CAPS, I WILL. NOW GOOD DAY, I SAY GOOD DAY

I'm sorry, but your previous posts mentioned nothing of your own personal experiences. The previous ones were an attempt to convince us that they're necessary, and the last merely was mentioning that if one was to consume processed foods, then juicing is needed. You mentioned that with juicing, the nutrients aren't lost as fiber is absent. This is not true. Nutrients will still get absorbed with or without fiber. You also mentioned that the stomach and bowels need a break- they do not need a break.

You actually burn more calories from chewing your food..

I hope you have a lovely day, shouting or whispering.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Actually, when I overdo it on juice I tend to poop more, so I hardly see it as giving my bowels a rest!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    The only study I can find any sensible info on was actually done with mice....

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/06june/pages/5-2-diet-style-fast-immune-booster-study-finds.aspx

I wouldnt put faith in any study that was only done with mice.

I have gone chemo, radiation, and also have a autoimmune disease. I'm far from an expert, but I've delt quite a bit personally with a immune system that is taxed and also how food effects it.

Most Oncologist will steer away and thoughts from this type of research or any of the like.

Reason being the current radical treatments for cancer alone make it hard to keep the body weight to a level acceptable for more treatments. A person eating less calories equates to less body weight. Delaying treatments or recovery of them is not ideal for those with higher stages of cancer.

No indeed and the NHS article also advises against it.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I just started a fresh juice/nut & seed diet for several reasons, but mostly to literally clean out my system and then get back to a healthy sustainable routine. I don't want to argue with anyone, but if it makes you feel better and it works for you then have at it. I'm enjoying it and am consuming as many calories as I have set on my diary. Weight loss is minimal at this point, but I am starting to feel better. Today is day three and I am starting to feel more energy and have not experienced major hunger, but have been experiencing cravings. Today was less so and I have been looking through herb books, Ayurveda sites, the juice gurus and researching medicinal qualities of fruits and veggies. Here are some truths; Raw foods do indeed have more nutrients than cooked foods and more than processed foods any day. For me it's a jump start and here's the thing, we can hold as much as 10-15 pounds of material in out digestive track and like any system, if you don't clean it every now and then it will get sluggish. As for if you have a "liver and a kidney then you are detoxing", I point towards any engine or machine, which will run when full of sludge and dirt and even with poor fuel, but it does not run as well as a clean engine, with higher performance fuel and routinely cleaned or changed filters.

I was looking for some juice forums and hopefully find one with some positive energy. Good luck dispatch and don't let anyone rain on your parade.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    StevLL wrote: »
    I just started a fresh juice/nut & seed diet for several reasons, but mostly to literally clean out my system and then ....<snipped for brevity and woo reduction>

https://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/the-detox-delusion/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...IT IS ONLY MEANT TO BE DONE FOR A SHORT TERM, GIVING YOUR BOWLS, AND STOMACH TIME TO REST.

Do these cleanse/detox advocates also recommend holding your breath for a few days every so often, to give your nose, throat and lungs time to rest? I mean, think of all that nasty junk we inhale every day, it would have to make the body sluggish too, wouldn't it?
  • 01debigail10
    01debigail10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had interest in weather it works so I discuses it with my physician and she informed me it wouldn't make any difference that water does the same thing
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I wanna say stuff.. i really do... lol :sweat:
    I like eggs... does egg nogg count as juice? @cerise_noir
    It's okay. :)

Egg.....juice.

Now I need a shower! Haha!
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yes I've done a 5 day cleanse with a company called Pressed Juicery in California. I did it twice and I didn't feel great afterwards only depleted. Honestly the total daily calories are not far off what I eat in real food so I don't juice fast anymore. I will occasionally drink a green Evolution juice for lunch and add a fruit snack later but I can't do it if I am doing 2 workouts that day or I get really hungry.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Yes, our bodies are capable of cleaning themselves, but with poor diets and processed food we do not function as well as we could and with the increased use of Rx's and tons of other areas where we ingest less than healthy materials, we get slowed down. I'm very happy for you that your system works so well, but there are more and more unhealthy people walking the streets than ever before and anything in excess, not just the items you listed can be like a poison on our systems. I guess my biggest concern here is why are you so angry cerise? Why when I was trying to reach out with an answer to the OP, did you need to jump my *kitten*? :-)pun intended. Is your life so bad you need to rain on others? Maybe a professional troll? Hope your life gets better and you find some happy. :)

Have you had a colonoscopy? That completely cleans out your insides and there is no way 10-15 lb of sludge comes out. I had my latest one a couple of weeks ago and lost 4 lb of mostly water, which came back on in 2 days.

I've done that cleanse three times so far! Can confirm. Was not full of toxic sludge.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've never done a juice "fast" but I do have a juicer that I used to use quite often and would make a green juice using cucumbers, ginger, apples and lemons that was really good but I would drink it in the mornings and still eat my usual food throughout the day. I couldn't do a juice fast though because just drinking the green juice that I used to drink would send me to the bathroom. I'd be in the bathroom all day if I had to drink them all day long :blush:
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Yes, our bodies are capable of cleaning themselves, but with poor diets and processed food we do not function as well as we could and with the increased use of Rx's and tons of other areas where we ingest less than healthy materials, we get slowed down. I'm very happy for you that your system works so well, but there are more and more unhealthy people walking the streets than ever before and anything in excess, not just the items you listed can be like a poison on our systems. I guess my biggest concern here is why are you so angry cerise? Why when I was trying to reach out with an answer to the OP, did you need to jump my *kitten*? :-)pun intended. Is your life so bad you need to rain on others? Maybe a professional troll? Hope your life gets better and you find some happy. :)

Have you had a colonoscopy? That completely cleans out your insides and there is no way 10-15 lb of sludge comes out. I had my latest one a couple of weeks ago and lost 4 lb of mostly water, which came back on in 2 days.

I've done that cleanse three times so far! Can confirm. Was not full of toxic sludge.

Have them every year - what comes out is clear as a bell!
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    No. My liver filters things just fine and I don't want diabetes from the fruit juice.
This discussion has been closed.