Oops! Quick question...

Options
I went a little nuts for breakfast by 200 calories, and I'm still sore from yesterday. I usually rest the day after, but was wondering if I should chalk today up as a loss and still rest or if I should squeak in an hour-hour ½ of cardio... Suggestions?

I'm not terribly worried as I know I'll burn it off this week but it's still bothering me. lmao thanks ♥

Replies

• metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I suppose what I'm asking is should I still do cardio while sore (it's not like I'm lifting weights). I'd like to at least call myself on the screw up and try to fix it. But not if it's going to do more harm than good
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    metalmeow1 wrote: »
    I went a little nuts for breakfast by 200 calories, and I'm still sore from yesterday. I usually rest the day after, but was wondering if I should chalk today up as a loss and still rest or if I should squeak in an hour-hour ½ of cardio... Suggestions?

I'm not terribly worried as I know I'll burn it off this week but it's still bothering me. lmao thanks ♥

A loss? I'd personally stop thinking in terms of winning or losing. Also, thinking back to your training, if lifting weights you've got a higher metabolic rate for 24-72 hours.
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

A loss? I'd personally stop thinking in terms of winning or losing. Also, thinking back to your training, if lifting weights you've got a higher metabolic rate for 24-72 hours.

I'm either on track, or not on track. It motivates me more than not caring. I don't have weights.

So cardio while sore, or nah?
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    It's not one or the other, a loss or do cardio.. you went a little over on breakfast. You can be on track without being perfect! I'd suggest eating a little less the rest of the day if you're intent on staying within your calorie goal, or just accept that you ate a bit extra. I'm biased, but I don't think exercise should ever be done to make up for eating.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    go for a walk, it will do you good. mentally and physically. I still walk, ride my bike, little run even if Im sore from lifting. Loosens things up.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If your daily goal is set to lose 1lb that is 500 cal deficit. So that still has 300 under for the day. No problems at all. I try not to make up for bad food choices by "punishing" myself with extra exercise. If you want to go do some exercise however that is a different question.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you're still site (muscle soreness, not injury), then I'd take a rest day from that same particular activity. Some other mild activity (easy walk, stretching, yoga) may ease the soreness a bit.

Don't use exercise as a 'punishment' for overeating - keep it fun. Perhaps eat a little lighter for the rest of the day, or just log it and go on. No biggie.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options

I'm either on track, or not on track. It motivates me more than not caring. I don't have weights.

If you zoomed out on your month, how many "loss" days compared to "win" days exist?
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Why are you sore in the first place?

• robiishome
    robiishome Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just take the day off ....then back to it for sure .