Really sore after working out.

Options
2»

Replies

• MacaronStyle
    MacaronStyle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hot bath with Epsom salts. Like a lot of Epsom salts. I'll do 3 cups if I'm hurting.
  • hannat5017
    hannat5017 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Won't skip today just will take it easy and will stretch after!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the hot bath thing after stretching if you've done intense exercise I was told to have an ice bath to avoid DOMS.

My PT does a warm up before exercising, HIIT, cool down then stretch every muscle group. If you're at a gym a trainer should be able to show you otherwise there's loads of youtube vids about.

Well done on pushing yourself!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    hannat5017 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! Won't skip today just will take it easy and will stretch after!

Sounds like a plan! :)

Honestly, I never stretch before exercise. In the past I just seemed to be prone to injuring myself if I tried to stretch cold like that. I see a lot of people bouncing around doing funky, exaggerated stretches before they get on the cardio machines at the gym and I wonder if they ever hurt themselves doing that.

However...I sometimes stretch after a long cardio session if I remember to do it. And that usually feels good. But what I really enjoy is stretching while I weight train. I've already warmed up a little before I even start with the weights. A lot of people stare at the walls or play with their phones between sets, but I don't have the patience to just sit there and do nothing while I rest between sets, so I stretch instead. It feels glorious. B)
  • hannat5017
    hannat5017 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I haven't started weight training yet. Main reason I'm hiring a pt so I can learn to do it properly!