Food Suggestions

Options
jferris91
jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for some food ideas, whats your favorite?

I need some suggestions for things I can make for lunch/dinner especially for work.

Replies

• Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    What's your goal
  • jferris91
    Options
    My goal is to lose 50lbs.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to fridge and microwave at Work?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    What you you eat now? Just make smaller portions or find healthy recipes for the foods you love and eat now. There are tons on the internet.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am currently eating toast with avocado mashed on it. DELICIOUS! :smile:
  • jferris91
    Options
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    Do you have access to fridge and microwave at Work?

Yes i do
  • jferris91
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    What you you eat now? Just make smaller portions or find healthy recipes for the foods you love and eat now. There are tons on the internet.

Recently i have been waking pork chops
  • jenlowlow
    jenlowlow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tacos!!! I love the fact that corn tortillas can be as little as 60 calories each and you can go so many ways with them. I am a vegetarian, so my favorite toppings are avocado and egg with sriracha but I'm sure chicken, pork, or turkey would be good too.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    jferris91 wrote: »

I have pork chops about once a week. I don't fry them any more but there are tons of great baked pork chop recipes that are low cal.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    1. A small portion of a chicken or prawn curry with some rice or an Indian flatbread naan that can be reheated in the microwave.
    2. A huge salad with some tuna or grilled chicken or ham, drizzled with a tiny bit of oil as dressing and maybe with a handful of pasta (I have this most days, but not always with the pasta) - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onions and radish have so few calories you can have a lot and it feels like you're eating a big meal.
    3. A jacket potato with baked beans (I have no idea which country you're in and whether you get baked beans where you are, but they're a good baked potato topper).
    4. Pitta bread with a spoonful of hummus or avocado, some ham or chicken and then packed out with salad.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Lunch for me is typically 2-3 oz of chicken breast or salmon, 100g of veggie, 100g of fruit, and a mini bagel with a half serving of 1/3 fat cream cheese on it. I prep/pack it all on Sunday so I have grab-and-go lunches all week. I typically don't heat any of it and bring it in my lunch box with an ice pack. Sometimes I'll toast the bagel if I'm feeling I need something 'crunchy' in my lunch.

I plug in different veggies based on what I have on hand, but usually snap peas, carrots, and celery because those are easy to prep and pack. My fruit is oftentimes grapes or watermelon or strawberries for the same reasons.

I usually spend about 300-450 calories on lunch.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    jferris91 wrote: »

I have pork chops about once a week. I don't fry them any more but there are tons of great baked pork chop recipes that are low cal.

I love a good pork chop. I tried brining them before grilling them a few weeks ago and OMG amazing. Such a difference brining made!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I love grilled pork chops! I use a good dry marinade by McCormicks that I can mix with oil and water and grill it. The thick center cup chops are the best and are better than a steak IMO. :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My lunch is usually dinner leftovers, a sandwich or a salad.
    Yesterday I had a chicken salad sandwich with some carrots on the side. Today I am going to have leftover broccoli rice cheddar casserole and some chicken. https://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/03/broccoli-cheddar-casserole/
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is probably my favorite. For lunch I like soup. I make it for dinner a couple times a week then eat the leftovers for lunch. Something with meat, beans, and veggies. I also eat a lot of whole chickens. I smoke them if I have time and good weather, though an oven roasted or store-bought rotisserie chicken is good too. There are lots of uses for leftover chicken. I eat what I've always eaten for dinner. I'm just more careful with my snacks and other meals than I used to be.