Hello! Dual Tracking with MFP & Weight Watchers

Options
Hello! I am new to tracking with My Fitness Pal. I am actually 1.5 weeks into starting Weight Watchers, but I thought it would be a good idea to track my food on here as well to keep my nutrients in a good range. The one downfall of Weight Watchers is that you don't necessarily see if you are within healthy ranges on sugars, carbohydrates, sodium, etc. It's a bit of work double tracking, but I am really happy with my outcome so far.

I have struggled with weight most of my life. I have recently been the heaviest I have ever been at 168lbs. I am also recently married. We wed last March, 2 weeks before he deployed. He's actually coming home this week, so we'll finally be able to enjoy married life. We want to start a family, but after having a discussion with my OB/Gyn, she has recommended that I lose at least 25-30lbs before conceiving to ensure I have a healthy pregnancy and baby. It was pretty difficult hearing this, but that was the day I joined Weight Watchers.

I actually weighed at 161.4lbs this morning. I have been working towards really enjoying the changes I make. Tomorrow I will be using a spiralizer to make Zoodles aka Zucchini Noodles!! I already feel better and happier. My husband is also on board with changing our eating habits together, so hopefully he will be able to track some healthy progress as well.

I look forward to partaking in this community more as well along the way.

Hope you all have a great day tracking!

Maureen

Replies

• shannasaurus_rex
    shannasaurus_rex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Maureen! I'm dabbling in dual tracking here too. Just restarted MFP today, but I've been on Weight Watchers (this time - first time was in 2004) for about 3 weeks, and while I'm down 6 pounds, I'm not totally sold on WW being THE answer. I have had success with MFP in the past, but I was thinking I could use a little extra accountability with the WW meetings. Like you though, I find the Smart Points kinda mysterious - like what did I really eat today? I have no sense for how many calories or carbs I'm taking in. It doesn't feel unhealthy, but it's a leap of faith.