Weight Loss Fast

Options
Hi Friends,

I read so many posts about weight loss and I just feel like adding my two cents for everyone that might feel like their path isn't working.

What have I learned? Weight loss isn't rocket science! You need to do it for you, starting today, right now, not tomorrow.

What is it going to take? Commitment. Pure commitment and drive.

How do I get that? Different for everyone. Write down the million and ten reasons why you should be doing this. Read it. Read it everyday.

How do I start?
1. Figure out a reasonable amount of calories for your body. You must create a deficit. Don't starve yourself, eat smart. Find substitutes for the things you love. After about a month of eating right, you most likely will be able to fight the cravings better. I used to love chips and now they just taste like a salt lick. It will happen. Give it time.
2. Log everything, every single morsel. Keep it real.
3. Negotiate. If you want cake, eat cake just not the whole dang thing. Then, eat well the rest of the day.
4. Exercise. Exercise hard, like you mean it. It won't be easy at first but remember you are in control and you can do it.
5. JMO...belong to a gym. There will be no reason such as laundry, tv, kids, etc that you can't give 100% while you are there.
6. Sleep. Get enough sleep, every single day. It is a priority. If you don't you'll most likely over eat to stay awake.
7. Some might have medical conditions..it's amazing what goes away when you work hard. 30 days in I felt like a new person. Talk with your doc and come up with a plan. Start slow. You won't be a hottie by tomorrow, so chill! Also, most don't know but nutritionist are almost always covered completely even with high deductible plans.
8. Excuse: I'm super overweight...so was I (360). Somehow I managed to get my big butt in gear and didn't care about what people thought at the gym. Today a woman came up to me and said, "I've been watching you, you are shrinking, big time"...I think my face lit up like a carnival. Sometimes the people that see us daily don't see the changes, don't worry others will.
9.Excuse: I have a significant other that eats in front of me. Who cares! Do this for you! Grab an apple and some air popped popcorn and move on.

My opinion is come heck or high water workout everyday for the first 30 days. Sometimes I was there at 11pm with my face about on floor. Friends, you will amaze yourself at what you can when you want it.
10. Take a daily selfie. I do mine post workout sweaty and all. I also take a pic of the cardio machine so I can measure my success.
11. I believe in weighing daily, first thing in the morning naked. Log it.
12. When you goof up. Omg friends stop going crazy! Don't get yourself in a tailspin. Get on with it, start over. Remember what your goal was. If you are binging it probably means you aren't eating enough or making a choice to negotiate your food!

What else? Treat yourself. Makeup, contacts, new clothes, whatever makes you happy! When you feel good and confident, you look your best. Take care of yourself!

My last piece of advice for people that like to complain.....I have a "complaint of the day"..,my family looks forward to it daily. Today's complaint...to my gym ....please shower before you come and don't eat onions or garlic and come right up to sweat next to me. Not pretty!!! The family gets a good laugh and I get to call something out for the day! Lol

Get out there. Don't diet. Eat right and change your relationship with food/exercise forever or it will come back. If it's a diet, ww, keto, south beach, whatever...,do the research first....or just eat in moderation and well. Simple as that!

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Title != post.

Which is a good thing.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything except 'My opinion is come heck or high water workout everyday for the first 30 days'

your body needs rest time too. if you want to exercise every day, at least take a few days of going for a walk or yoga, something less strenuous.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    As a bigger person, I needed to prove myself that I could just like anybody else, doing gym 30 days straight. I made it a habit for me. This is just what I did. Everyone is different. Now when I get a little ticked at something my mind immediately thinks gym before it would think food! :)

This whole process is about adjustments and what works for you! Most importantly, YOU CAN DO IT!

• kplowman2011
    kplowman2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!!!!
  • caitlin123452013
    caitlin123452013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing this have gave me motivation
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Darn, or another suitable 'kitten'word. I was just about ready to tell you that you shouldn't look for a fast weight loss, but a sustainable one etcetcetc.

Nice post.

Cheers, h.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything except 'My opinion is come heck or high water workout everyday for the first 30 days'

your body needs rest time too. if you want to exercise every day, at least take a few days of going for a walk or yoga, something less strenuous.

Walking is still exercising. Walking on your "off days" actually helps with your recovery. So I think when he says every day for the first 30, he's considering days where you're simply walking as exercise. :wink:
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Fabulous post, well done x
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Well said! It is like you are on a mission and that is how to get this done.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It's been a mental battle more than anything but very happy to feel like a person again and not be so dang invisible!
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Thanks couldnt have been said any better!!!!!!