Snack bars?

Options
I have many food allergies, but am looking for a recipe(s) for some snack bars. I think I can substitute the allergy stuff. I need something with protein, and that will hold together so can be put in a lunch bag. Anyone have any suggestions on websites or books? There is a commercial company that will custom make them, but they are very expensive. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    my friend does very clean recipes and just posted one about prtoein snack bars. (there are other recipes on there as well).

http://eveoffitnessperfection.wordpress.com/recipes/
  • cherubw
    cherubw Posts: 1
    Options
    hi,.. im not sure about which foods you have allergies to .. but i found some nice receipes on paleodiet.com perhaps there is something for you there.. also if you need ingredients i find alot of stuff at lowcarbmegastore.com .. i get my atkins bars from them they have a massive variety .. and i think they're just delicious..(some of them are gross though! trial and error)
    good luck!
  • HarringtonS
    HarringtonS Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Windnwood,
    Why not try creating a Google search that identifies the foods you are able to eat (and enjoy) and then include +nutrition bar recipes or recipes for.
  • HarringtonS
    HarringtonS Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/energy-bars-recipe/index.html

Home > Recipes > Healthy > Low Calorie >
    Energy Bars Recipe.Energy Bars
    Copyright 2005, Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved

Show: Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger Episode: The Big Freeze

Recipe categories: Fruit, Dried Fruit, Grains, Wheat, Oats,
    more
    Cuisine : American , General Who's Dining : For a Crowd ..recipe ratings & reviews(103) .Rated 5 stars out of 5 Rate This Recipe
    Read 103 Reviews
    Total Time: 35 min.
    Prep15 min.
    Cook20 min.
    Yield:20 bars .
    Level:Easy..Print Recipe.Full-Page Viewnew
    Full-Page View expands the recipe ingredients and directions for easy viewing in the kitchen.

.Save to My Recipe Box.Review Recipe.E-Mail.Share It!.Tweet..xSave To My Recipe BoxSave To Select Folder: All My Recipes Or Create New Folder Please limit to 20 characters
    Saving Recipe
    Add Or Do Not Add
    Success
    This recipe was saved to your Folder_Name folder.
    Do not show this message again
    Close
    xSave To My Recipe BoxPlease sign in to save this recipe to your Recipe Box!!
    Sign In or Create Your Recipe Box.

E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx All fields are required.
    Your Name Your E-mail Address Friend's E-mail Addresses Separate multiple e-mail addresses with a comma.
    Maximum 20 e-mail addresses.
    Message Check out this awesome page on FoodNetwork.com! Enter the characters in the image to verify you are human. Refresh Sending E-mail
    E-mail Or Do Not E-mail
    Success!
    A link to Energy Bars was e-mailed
    .Energy BarsCopyright 2005, Ellie Krieger, All Rights ReservedAdd Timer Timer Name: 25 Characters Max Enter Time: : : Start You can create up to five timers
    IngredientsCooking spray 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour 1/2 cup dried apricots 1/2 cup raw almonds 1/2 cup raisins 1/2 cup pitted dried dates 1/2 cup powdered nonfat dry milk 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/3 cup pure maple syrup 2 large eggsDirectionsPreheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.

Place all ingredients except the syrup and eggs in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Add the syrup and eggs and pulse until the mixture is well combined. It will resemble a coarse paste.

Transfer to the baking pan and spread evenly. Bake until just done, about 20 minutes. Cut into 20 squares.
    ©Television Food Network G.P.
    All Rights Reserved.

Ingredients
    Cooking spray
    1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
    1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
    1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
    1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
    1/2 cup dried apricots
    1/2 cup raw almonds
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup pitted dried dates
    1/2 cup powdered nonfat dry milk
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/3 cup pure maple syrup
    2 large eggs
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.

Place all ingredients except the syrup and eggs in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Add the syrup and eggs and pulse until the mixture is well combined. It will resemble a coarse paste.

Transfer to the baking pan and spread evenly. Bake until just done, about 20 minutes. Cut into 20 squares