I need a good water without that awful after taste from the fake sugar.

Options
Hello all: My problem is all the fake sugars out there. I can't stand the aftertaste of them in flavored bottled water. I am trying to cut down on soda and drink more water. Yes I hate tap water as well..lol Any help in telling me of a great tasting flavored water please let me know. Thanks.

Replies

• ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I bought a brita pitcher that filters the water. Cuts down on plastic bottle waste and you don't have to drink nasty tap water.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I like Ice brand flavored water. But honestly, it just gets too expensive after awhile. I just kept on drinking plain water and eventually I got used to it. Now it's the only thing I'll drink.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Do you have diluting juice/cordial in the US. Sorry if this is a daft question, I've never looked in that aisle in a US supermarket! Anyway, I use a sugar free concentrate that you add water to (sort of like Crystal Light but not a powder) and I find it tastes infinitely better than flavoured waters. You could also try actual Crystal Light, I really enjoy them and always bring some home with me from vacations.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Have you tried refrigerating your tap water? The Brita pitcher suggestion may help or buy bottled water. Infusing with fruit can change the flavor or a teaspoon of real sugar is only 15 calories. I like sparkling water or club soda best.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I like La Croix, particularly grapefruit though lime is good too. Not overly strong and sweet like Ice or some of the others....might not be enough flavor for you but I think that they are delicious and no artificial or regular sweeteners.

Mostly I use my soda stream with a squeeze of whatever citrus and mint I have on hand.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Get a soda stream. Plain fizy water is great. You can also just muddle some fruit, cucumber or herbs in it for flavour.
    They do flavour drops but I have never tried them so don't know what is in them.

Cheers, h.
  • DeirdreKelly70
    DeirdreKelly70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cwolfman13. I have seen them in my work but had been wary of trying them. They only come in 4 packs and I didn't want to waste my money on them. Now I will try them.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Chilled water with cucumber is delicious in summer it must be said.
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    1/2 gal jug of cold water, 10 Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger tea bags. Let sit overnight - good to go.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to La Croix flavored sparkeling water. My favorites are the grapefruit and the coconut. Also makes great mixed drinks for a low cal adult beverage. There are no sweeteners at all, 0 calories, 0 sodium!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Just buy one of those infuser bottles and experiment with various fresh fruits and herbs. Pinterest has a million "recipes". If you prefer sparkling buy a soda stream.
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I love nuun! They are little tablets you add to your water. They have three lines: active (electrolyte replacement during exercise), energy (with caffeine), and all day (vitamins and lower in electrolytes). 8-10 calories per tablet (16 oz of water) and no weird after taste.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I go for the LaCroix too. Lime, coconut, lemon, passion fruit are all good. I get them at Costco, so fewer flavors but way cheaper.

I used to drink the artificially flavored waters/teas, but for some freak reason they gave me horrible gallbladder pain. Quit them for LaCroix and tap water and I'm fine. Weird. Anyway, I found LaCroix bland at first after switching bc it's not sweet, but my tastebuds adjusted.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    2 option.
    1 Try a Soda stream if you know someone who has one. I can drink this stuff all day without flavour.
    2 try a fruit infuser.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Move to Dallas. Best tasting tap water in the country.
  • abundantlyme
    abundantlyme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Try La Croix coconut flavor. It isn't sweet, but it just has that ESSENCE of coconut that makes it tastes really good. To me, at least!