SarahWineburg
SarahWineburg Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Thanks

Replies

• kayb191
    kayb191 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also have wide feet and Nike makes wides which I find comfortable even regular sizes fit well if it's the right material
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and they will properly fit you for both your feet, as well as your running gait.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    New balance works for me. Good luck
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Went to the running store and got fitted for my Flintstones feet. I have wide and flat feet.

They recommended a pair of Altra Torin 2.0 and it changed my running life. Seriously; go try on a pair!
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Went to the running store and got fitted for my Flintstones feet. I have wide and flat feet.

They recommended a pair of Altra Torin 2.0 and it changed my running life. Seriously; go try on a pair!

Love my altras. I have the torin 1, 2.5 and one.5 (or 1.25? I dont remember) Love the one.5s the best.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I generally run in Nike Pegasus, because it comes because they have wides, which are 4E. (They might have 2Es too.) They are great because they are a very basic shoe and are durable.
    Altras don't come in different widths. But every model has a big toe box. They are very comfortable, but I have found they start to fall apart sooner than I would like.
    New Balance are really the only running shoes that come in different widths. (Pegasus are an aberration for Nike. None of their other models come in widths.) But I happen not to like New Balance. Their shoes are all really soft -- they are 'boaty' like a Cadillac is 'boaty.' All that softness is a bit harder on the knees, I find. Plus, it breaks down fast, leaving you with a shoe with nothing to recommend it.
  • nomorewombat
    nomorewombat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Brooks do 2E & 4E sizes in most of their styles, I find them to be the best non 'gimmicky' manufacturer out there.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,704 Member
    Options
    I have duck feet and wear neutral shoes, so Asics Cumulus and Nimbus work for me, as well as Sauconny Echelons. If you need stability shoes, Brooks Adrenaline are good for heavier runners. My husband likes Hokas, which have a lot of cushion.
  • shreyar248
    shreyar248 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got the Adidas Supernova running shoes for wide toes last week. I like them so far and are noticably roomy at the toes.
  • HlthDtour
    HlthDtour Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Asics GT 2000-4, New Balance Fresh Foam Zante V2, Brooks Ravenna 7, Mizuno Wave Rider, Saucony Guide.....all of these fit differently depending if you supinate, pronate or are nuetral. Are you a heel striker or a toe runner. The best thing is to go to a running store as previously mentioned. At least the first time to find out what is best for your gait.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    NewTnme wrote: »
    New balance works for me. Good luck

Ditto
  • mrsjoyw
    mrsjoyw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Go to a running store and they will properly fit you for both your feet, as well as your running gait.

Really? For BOTH feet? I can never seem to find a shoe that doesn't hurt my right foot! That baby toe is always screaming but my left foot is fine. I will go to the running store and see if they can help. Since we set the clocks ahead next week it will be light enough to hit the trails after work but I refuse to do that until I get the perfect shoes. No more wearing two socks on the right foot LOL!
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't have wide feet but I can tell that some shoes are definitely wider when I try them on. I just bought a pair of Hoka's. My husband (who does have wide feet) always wears these. They are okay on me but they are probably the widest shoe I've used--probably too wide.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I have a wider toe base I have found new balance 860 to work for me. Again go to a running store they will fit you properly.