I need a good water without that awful after taste from the fake sugar.

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    you can buy liquid water enhancer. it's drops that you put in your water. you can get it at wal-mart or any grocery store.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Thanks Cwolfman13. I have seen them in my work but had been wary of trying them. They only come in 4 packs and I didn't want to waste my money on them. Now I will try them.

I bounce between La Croix and Soliel (basically the same thing), and I live off them! I get both kinds at grocery stores like Safeway or Albertsons in 12-packs (on sale usually $7-8). I've seen them at Target and Big Lots too. I like them because you get an essence of flavor, without the sweetness, and they don't have sodium.

Other brands have similar unsweetened flavored waters too, in bottles: Dasani, Arrowhead, Crystal Geyser. I can't stand Arrowhead or Crystal Geyser normally, but the sparkling ones are great!
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Move to Dallas. Best tasting tap water in the country.

Nothing tastes better than Lake Tahoe.
  • BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2017
    We have a filter on our tap, and refrigerate the water to make it taste better. Sometimes I add a slice of lemon or orange, a handful of frozen berries, or a bunch of mint leaves.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    La Croix, Poland Springs Flavored Sparkling Water, or Polar Flavored Seltzer are all pretty good. All zero calories. Not sweetened at all--a little bit of an acquired taste, but I've grown to love them.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    I have an infusion pitcher at home that I love. I really like citrus infused water, and I also hate the aftertaste of artificial sweetener.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    ariceroni wrote: »
    I love nuun! They are little tablets you add to your water. They have three lines: active (electrolyte replacement during exercise), energy (with caffeine), and all day (vitamins and lower in electrolytes). 8-10 calories per tablet (16 oz of water) and no weird after taste.

Ugh! I bought nuun - could not stand it - WAY TOO SALTY for me!!!
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    I like to infuse my water with mint, cucumber, or even mango slices it's great!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member

High five!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member

Nah, you want to go to Scotland. If you really want the best tap water in Scotland, go to a croft in the Highlands that's plumbed from a mountain spring.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member

Nah, you want to go to Scotland. If you really want the best tap water in Scotland, go to a croft in the Highlands that's plumbed from a mountain spring.

Someday! It's on my bucket list!
  • hmsiat
    hmsiat Posts: 1 Member
    I use TrueLemon, TrueLime, TrueOrange. It's basically dehydrated crystals of the actual fruit, in a little packet like sugar or Equal comes in. No sugar, easy to carry with you when you're away from home. You can get them at the grocery store.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Put actual fruit in your water rather than buying fruit flavoured ones.

This.

I was at a Marriott over the weekend that had two coolers of fruit infused water. So good it reminded me I should be doing it at home more.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Step 1. Get glass from cupboard.

Step 2. Go to tap.

Step 3. Turn on tap.

Step 4. Fill glass.

Step 5. Drink.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    Thanks Cwolfman13. I have seen them in my work but had been wary of trying them. They only come in 4 packs and I didn't want to waste my money on them. Now I will try them.

I bounce between La Croix and Soliel (basically the same thing), and I live off them! I get both kinds at grocery stores like Safeway or Albertsons in 12-packs (on sale usually $7-8). I've seen them at Target and Big Lots too. I like them because you get an essence of flavor, without the sweetness, and they don't have sodium.

Other brands have similar unsweetened flavored waters too, in bottles: Dasani, Arrowhead, Crystal Geyser. I can't stand Arrowhead or Crystal Geyser normally, but the sparkling ones are great!

I'll have to look for Soliel, thank you!

In my area there is also Klarbrunn (my Target has it).

At Aldi there is an un-sweetened fizzy water as well, it's called LaVie. These are a little different. The grapefruit one has the flavor without the citric acid. Nice if you've got reflux issues.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Lemon, lime & orange slices added to your tap water
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    I love my Soda stream! While I am fine with plain water, the fizz really helps me feel like I am having a treat. I don't use the flavorings or soda mix. I just make bubbly water that is awesome!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    I'm currently drinking la croix- usually coconut or peach-pear. It doesn't have any of the aftertaste that I've found with a lot of flavored waters, whether they are sweetened or not. It's not sweetened. For plain sparkling water I buy either pellegrino or Calistoga depending on my budget.

I have good tap water, but because I'm prone to kidney stones I need to drink a lot, so sometimes I add those flavored drops- some brands taste better than other. I try to make sure I buy a flavor sweetened with Splenda because aspartame is bitter to me.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    hmsiat wrote: »
    I use TrueLemon, TrueLime, TrueOrange. It's basically dehydrated crystals of the actual fruit, in a little packet like sugar or Equal comes in. No sugar, easy to carry with you when you're away from home. You can get them at the grocery store.

I just got a box of the lime. I'm hoping it helps me drink even more. I figure at the least it will hide the flavor if I don't bring enough water to work and have to refill with the icky tap water there.

(For people saying just drink tap water with no treatment, some places it has no flavor, other places it tastes off. )
  • BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    cmtigger wrote: »
    (For people saying just drink tap water with no treatment, some places it has no flavor, other places it tastes off. )

Our tap water used tomtaste great then one year they did pipe repairs somewhere in the system and our water has ever since tasted like it was filtered through a poorly managed compost heap. We invested $250 in an underbench water filter and replace the filter every 6 months and now the water has no taste and it still costs less than buying bottled water.