Most memorable thing you ever ate

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I had am amazing creme brule at a restaurant in the napa valley. It was served in an egg shell.

Best meal was with some friends at a fancy steakhouse the steak was amazing and we had duck fat French fries among other things. The desserts were amazing too a deconstructed smores, oh the cheddar popovers to start were amazing too
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    One time I ate chicken after it touched my peas

All we are saying... is give peas a chance.
  • Dyl1789
    Dyl1789 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    Freshly smoked stripped marlin, still hot straight out of the smokehouse, with a cold beer to wash it down
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    If I tell I'll be banned
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms-for one week, nothing but mushrooms. They used to be my favorite food before that
  • bjn50
    bjn50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Alaskan King Crab Legs in the San Francisco Bay Area in a restaurant where we could throw the shells on the floor. I love Alaskan King Crab Legs.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    This piece of bread.

kvfmhkzk879j.jpg
    o.jpg 126K
  • abs099
    abs099 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I cried while I tried shrimp...never again lol
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    About 30 years ago - whole baby eels (elvers) sautéed in garlic butter at a Spanish restaurant in California. Like spaghetti with eyes and absolutely delicious. Since then, they've become unaffordable due to overfishing -- in the thousands of dollars per pound. But I'm glad I had the chance to try them once in my life.

On the other hand, I've had raw sea urchin roe (uni) twice at sushi restaurants. Absolutely hideous -- like custard in texture but with an iodine-fishy taste. I had to have it a second time to see if it was as bad as I remembered. I'll remember not to have it a third time. :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    abs099 wrote: »

Just curious but why?
  • jennibabie87
    jennibabie87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A 6 course meal at cousins wedding!! Prime rib was the main dish that we all waited like 4 hours for, had to switch with my cousins since his was more done. But it was amazing, melt in your mouth goodness and well worth the wait and 4 prior plates :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Just curious but why?
    cee134 wrote: »

Just curious but why?

you don't cry when you eat shellfish?

I once ate crab cakes and had a complete sobbing breakdown.

I've been banned from our local Red Lobster for the next 6 months.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Venison prepared by a wonderful chef in Belgium. He picked all the wines and made lobster appetizers. He came out and told us stories of what it was like to be a child during the German occupation in World War II. Truly a magical night
  • M1ssdanni
    M1ssdanni Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Obviously