Replies

• aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    1,479 steps! YES!
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    theamazingcassiebunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm still here too, lurking. It sounds like most of you are staying positive, even those who are struggling. I love seeing everyone's great attitudes!

The doc is trying med #3 to try to get me back on an even keel. UGH. Every time I switch there's an adjustment period. I haven't been running at all, but I've gotten a few walks in. Today we hiked, but I fell and scraped my hand and bashed up my right knee. It's swollen and scraped, with a bit of split skin. Good thing I was wearing pants!

My beautiful behaviors for the next week: don't stress too much over work, get outside as much as possible, try to do at least 3 acts of kindness. Brightening someone else's day will brighten mine too.

• aleahurst
    Options
    @theamazingcassiebunny - Cassie, adding three acts of kindness to your To-Do list is awesome! It will brighten your day. There are two areas of health that are hard to measure: spiritual health and relational health. But those two are so very important.

Good for you!
  • mir1104
    mir1104 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @theamazingcassiebunny @fangcat623
    not a bad idea really, how about a vow?

@happysherri
    share some of that coffee, I went for some today and I found out there was only decaf in the house. Meh!!

@aleahurst
    Cesenatico, Italy. Beautiful beach town, I can be biased but I love this country!

@theamazingcassiebunny
    Brilliant idea, I'll add that to mine too. It really lights up your day when you make someone else's better.

Well, race was a blast. I'm not here saying how much I enjoyed it because honestly it hurt badly, they do call it endurance for a reason. I loved the part near the port, with all the fishing boats moored on the side, the seagulls flying by, all the public. The public was special on the last km, I had decided to push it well past my comfort zone from start to end, to take the chance and risk to fail, in the last km including one lap on the local track & field ring the public was amazing.
    Finished in the time I had hoped for but I had not dared tell anyone that was my goal. I hadn't voiced it out loud even to myself.

As for beautiful behaviours, I finally put down a better diet plan to allow me a little more freedom and a little less animal protein, which I wanted to reduce. We'll see how it goes.

Back on the bike tomorrow for a quiet session, next target duathlon nationals in two weeks. Two weeks can make the difference if I can fix my diet. Eyes on the ball!
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning to MORE SNOW. What??!! When will this winter end? But my dogs were still excited and bright-eyed and so we bundled up and went for a 50 minute walk. It was magical, so glad I made myself get out that door. Fresh clean snow, birds chirping in the trees, rabbit tracks trailing off into the tall brush. It was a lovely start to the day. I've planned out my meal plan for the rest of the day, and for my weekday lunches as well. Now I'm going to cozy up on the couch with a knitting project.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hey, all, looks like everyone is doing fantastic!

We won all of our volleyball games, I got so many great hits in. The bf is home today so we went to the gym for 84 minutes of Lifting and stairs. And he went grocery shopping with me (normally have to carry everything myself).
    Today is my mom's birthday, happy birthday to her in heaven. I miss her everyday.

Today's thought: Never miss an opportunity to say I love you!
  • aleahurst
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @happysherri - Sounds like you are doing terrific! I'm sure I would miss my mom, too. She is still here and I love her! I can only imagine. My heart goes out to you. Happy Birthday to Sherri's mom in heaven.

Hi @AlisalGal ! We didn't get snow one time this year! Are you from the east coast North America? I do love walking in snow! I grew up in Illinois (Central U.S.) and saw lots of snow. I lived in Upstate NY (northeastern US), and again saw lots of snow! Here in Arkansas. We are wondering if the mosquitoes will ever die off! Welcome to this group!

@mir1104 - We had a marathon near me in Little Rock and it rained on all the runners! Do you race bikes? Was Italy warm and romantic like it ought to be????

Today was not a "stick to it" day. Today was a rest with oxygen day! I have watched every video of bigfoot that YouTube has!!!! Tomorrow, I will go back to watching my diet. I had some great healthy foods today. Yum. I can overeat on healthy, but I feel better afterwards!

So. next week's beautiful behaviors are:
    1. Visit my disabled neighbor again.
    2. Stay within 200 calories of goal
    3. Drink lots of water
    4. Paint bee boxes, paint lids, paint bottoms, visit bees, hide from tornadoes :)
    5. Visualize healthy lungs!!!

I love you all!

Lea

• kittens_info
    kittens_info Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I love reading everyone's posts. Thank you Jessa for creating the page.
    I am in Wisconsin. It's cold here so I have to work out indoors in my basement. I have an elliptical from a friend but I can't get it to work right. I am doing exercises I have cut out of magazines.
    I'm nervous, I signed up for a Half Marathon in June. She power. I can walk it but it has to be done within 4.5 hours. I have never done this before. Several years ago I did a 10 k; but nothing since.
    This week's goals:
    Log daily
    Exercise 4x
    No sweets

Have a great week everyone, K
  • mir1104
    Options
    @AlisalGal
    wow, more snow! Fruit trees are blossoming here instead! But it changes your whole attitude to see the excitement in your dogs' eyes.

@happysherri
    well said, every opportuinity missed is gone forever.

@aleahurst
    Mosquitoes, no, they are currently trying to take over the world. Sit and watch because I think they might be winning.
    I do triathlon, so that's the full swim/bike/run madness. Off season that translates into plain running and duathlon (run/bike/run). Warm, if you can content of 10 C but that's good for March, it'll warm up quickly from now on and romantic yes, off the beaten path (i.e. obvious Venice, Rome, etc...) it's even better.

@kittens_info
    Do you currently run? If you mean to walk it, 4.5 hours will be enough, don't stress that. If you aren't currently running and would like you could always consider the Galloway method (a.k.a. walk/run), google it. It's your first half after all, everything is allowed. No, skates are not!

As for me, training is done for the day. The new race tires really are faster than the training tires I used all winter. Way to go! So glad I had them put on before the nationals even if it's still a little early in the season.
    My goal for today is to
    - stick to the diet
    - come up with a tasty recipe for mussels for dinner (like a stir fry? humm...)
    - get to bed early
  • CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

A fantastic weekend of fast swimming at VA State Championships. These kids are just amazing! They wakeup at 4AM every morning, swim for 2 hours, go to school, then either swim for another 2 hours or weight train in the afternoon. Their dedication is inspiring!
    My son had a difficult start of the meet on Friday but came back strong on Saturday and Sunday with personal bests and one appearance in finals (200yd Breast)

We ate out all weekend but I did not snack at all. That helped a lot with staying reasonably close to a weekly net calorie goal.
    I did not get to walk as much as I had hoped this weekend, so my goal for this week is to hit the treadmill at least 5 days.
    I'm also going to start with a little strength training.

Hope everyone has a happy Monday!

• mir1104
    Options
    CT0526 wrote: »
    My son had a difficult start of the meet on Friday but came back strong on Saturday and Sunday with personal bests and one appearance in finals (200yd Breast)

Woohoo!!! Way to go!! That's excellent.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @ Lea - Wonderful goals! Healthy foods are good for the body.
    @kittens_info - You can do anything you set your mind too. I like that you set small weekly goals, that's what I do too. Have faith and keep trying.
    @mir1104 - mmmm... I want some mussels :wink: Get to bed early, good one, I need to follow that
    @CT0526 - awesome job to your son! Way to keep trying this past weekend even though "life" happened lol. Keep going, great goals.

Update: Not so beautiful behavior but kinda :blush: Had my splurge meal last night, Tons of sodium! Weighed myself this morning (I knew what I would see), **Fluctuated up 4 pounds! I laughed at the number on the scale because I did not drink my water yesterday and with the high sodium meal, that's the difference. Also I know once I get my 140 ounces of water today that I will flush that sodium out of my system. ---Moral of the story, keep going. The old me would have been angry and given up. The more educated new me knows how this works and I feel so excited about my progress in my workouts and eating habits.

Not so beautiful behavior - should have waited a day to weigh myself after splurge meal
    Beautiful behavior - didn't get discouraged from the number on the scale because in the long term of the journey I know I'm doing what I need to for my body.

Thought for the day: Don't call it a dream, call it a plan.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I love this thread and reading about all the lovely things you all are up to!

Beautiful behavior: taking time doing hair with my 12 year old daughter. Neither of us are super into stuff like that, but we enjoy the together time.

Showering my poor cat with love because she got her 3 year vaccines and they really affected her hard. I took a moistened cotton ball and "licked" her face with it like a mama cat would; the poor thing was in a pathetic state.
  • AlisalGal
    Options
    Hi @aleahurst - I am in Spokane, Washington (eastern side of the Cascades). We've had SO MUCH SNOW this winter! And colder temperatures that are continuing well into spring. I'm trying not to whine about it - so boring to complain about the weather. Nothing I can do about it!

I started journaling again this weekend and am feeling optimistic about it. I realize in the past I've purchased lovely, expensive journals and never use them. I picked up a few $1.29 composition notebooks at the drugstore and somehow feel free to write.
  • AlisalGal
    Options
    I meant to say, @HappySheri, I hope you had happy memories of your mom on her birthday. It seems the older I get, the more things I like to do that remind me of my mom. Do some canning in the summer? Hang clothes on the clothesline? Listen to Nat King Cole? It all reminds me of mom, and makes me very happy.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    This is such a positive place to be because who doesn't want any more positive motivation. Weekend was not good but not bad in terms of tracking my food. I treated myself to 2 hot dogs at the MLS soccer game and had a salad to go with it, then went downhill with a huge oatmeal cookies. Anyway, I ended up being semi-good yesterday and now it's back to exercise and watching what I eat the rest of week. Wish me luck!
  • AlisalGal
    Options
    Today I wanted to do something different for my exercise. So I pulled out my SharQui-The Bellydance Workout dvd. It's really quite a workout, my thighs are burning and I really feel my obliques. But it's fun and the dancers are just lovely to watch. I know I look like a klutz compared to them, but I FEEL graceful and pretty, at least intermittently. So I highly recommend belly dancing if you're looking for a fun way to mix it up.
  • kittens_info
    kittens_info Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, happy Monday.
    Yesterday I worked out, 10 minutes on the treadmill and did weights.
  • mir1104
    Options
    Hi everyone, happy Monday.
    Yesterday I worked out, 10 minutes on the treadmill and did weights.

Well done you!

Quite happy with how I'm doing at the moment. I had some calories left last night and thought I could save them but that'd mean over-restricting and actually planting seed for a binge later on. So I went and had a few steamed veggies to make up the calories, apparently I warded off a binge too. Happy about that.

Training is done for the day, I've got physio tonight and all is set so I can come back home, eat and go straight to bed. Much better than staying on my feet after physio, which is a bad idea in general.

Have a great day you all!
  • socalnikki22
    socalnikki22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful find! As someone who is recovering from both binge eating and bulimia, the scariest part about trying to lose weight is becoming focused on nothing but the stats. I love the concept for this thread and hope it can help keep me grounded. My beautiful behaviors for March are 1. Instead of skipping breakfast, drink a smoothie and the rest are yet to come :smile: