Gluten free meals!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You can add soups and stews to your diet. Vegetable with red lentils, cream of tomato, pea and mint, crab, spicy parsnip, cream of mushroom, clam chowder, beef stew, Irish lamb stew, pea and ham,watercress,winter vegetable stew...lots of possibilities.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Also many Indian curries are gluten free...you just eat them with rice and skip the naan bread :)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Please anyone feel free to add me.
    I'm learning to eat gluten free and lactose free now being tested for celiac . I could certainly use help.
    I'm finding a lot of trying gluten free trial and error, gross to tolerable items, lol. The lactose free I'm finding harder to avoid and find things I like.

Have you already had your tests done for Celiac? My understanding of it (from other posters who have it) is that you need to have been eating gluten for several weeks prior to testing, so you might need to consult with your doctor(s) if you're not yet finished with the process.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Please anyone feel free to add me.
    I'm learning to eat gluten free and lactose free now being tested for celiac . I could certainly use help.
    I'm finding a lot of trying gluten free trial and error, gross to tolerable items, lol. The lactose free I'm finding harder to avoid and find things I like.
    These posts have been full of info I didn't realize.
    I lost 40 lbs slowly last year and would still like/need to lose at least 30 more.
    I have other health issues as well.

Eating gluten free can be challenging at first, but it does get easier. Eventually, you will find that most of the gluten free substitutes are not that good, and you will start opting for foods that are naturally gluten free. It's all about changing your habits.
  • JenGigglesGray
    JenGigglesGray Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio, he did a blood test day I was there. I haven't been completely gluten free yet as I still have food in my house that I need to finish up. It's a week today and I haven't heard from him. I'll be calling his office if no call back today.

lporter229, yes I've been deciding that is probably best.

Soups are a problem as sodium effects my arthritis pain levels.

I've been researching protein bars and shakes. I'm not a breakfast making person ( okay I hate cooking, lol.)

I tend to start my day with coffee started using a protein shake made with unsweetened almond milk ( about 4 a.m.)
    Bottle water prewalk
    After my walk I have usually 2 bottles water and a protein bar ( usually doing this doesn't upset my stomach or create heartburn, another big problem I have), this is usually about 9 a.m. I have bar
    At noon I have a large salad with protein of sort, usually chicken breast, tuna or seafood salad.
    Dinner is a protein, veggies and a carb. ( between 5-5:30 pm)
    Total daily water is minimum 64 oz but usually 85-100 oz.

There are times I just want a treat, pizza ( I love pizza and we used to have weekly pizza night with my folks, now I swap my dinner and lunch around when we go out so I just get salad when we go and smell the pizza)
    Ok I want a sweet treat or salty treat.

My biggest issue is like peanuts may work for the salty but if I buy a jar I can't seem to eat just an ounce so I don't like to buy them. I don't care for other nuts.
    Or Aldi's has a chocolate cookie that work for the sweet treat but eat just 2 little cookies and then not go back daily till package is empty instead of weekly.

Thanks all, I love the feed back and appreciate

• being_camille
    being_camille Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free on a tight budget- I love cooking with potatoes (sweet and white) and occasionally rice. I work from home tho so I can easily just pop a potato in the oven to add to my meal later- but it makes it hard to prepare for on the go stuff. I was never a huge sandwich fan, except for my pb&j