What's your "why?"

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    In no particular order...

To look great. To feel great. To feel confident. To BE strong. To be a role model to my daughters. To be healthy. To be self sufficient. To be able to push past my limits. To rock a bikini (even if I rarely do). To look like an amazon warrior. To make thugs on the street think twice about messing with me. To know I have the power to defend myself, or run like hell. To show others that it IS possible to be over 40,with kids, and a full time job, and still have abs and muscles.

To like what I see in the mirror, even if I'm the only one who ever really sees it.
  • rosan7534
    rosan7534 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To feel better, look better, and live longer for my son :)
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    1) To be more confident.
    2) Lower my thyroxine medication.
    3) Improve symptoms of PCOS.
    4) To look good naked and not be ashamed or embarrassed of my body.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I love everybody's responses. I thinks it's awesome to read how its different for each of us and we all have our own motivation. Keep it up friends!
  • booknerd137
    booknerd137 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Other than the obvious health benefits of losing weight, I want to be confident in my own skin. I want to be able to run a mile without feeling like I'm about to keel over. I want to be able to run around with my future children. I want to go into a store and if I see something I would love to wear, not have to worry about not finding it in my size.
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm shallow. It's the clothes. I hate not fitting into cute clothes, I have excellent taste lol and it's a shame to let that go to waste. Also I want to start taking ballet classes again, and I know that at my current weight and fitness level I'm not ready.
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I too like ALL these answers. I want to wear an awesome suede skirt that lives in the very back of my closet, one of the few "skinny clothes" I've saved. I figured, when I get to my goal weight and feel amazing, I'm buying myself new clothes. But that suede skirt... I really want to wear it.
  • anniehiver24
    anniehiver24 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My job requires me to be fit, and to be a good example to others when it comes to fitness and determination. To be a good leader, I must be a good example.
  • FITitch40
    FITitch40 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Youthfulness.
    Being healthy and fit keeps me feeling young
  • inthegrotto
    inthegrotto Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't recognize my reflection.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Because I'm worth it!
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    None of my clothes fit properly anymore and I'm sick of feeling constantly uncomfortable
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I was called fatboy one time too many.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Health is my number one reason, but every time I go to the store I see some clothes and I said: "I will probably look good on those of I were thinner", so that's close number two reason.
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1- I want to feel that other people could actually randomly see me in public and think "wow, she is pretty/cute". I have never in my life felt that way and would love to know what it feels like. I want to give my husband people to give "the look" to lol

2- I want to enjoy going clothes shopping. Only once in my life, post high school at my lowest weight, did I get to enjoy shopping. I had worked my way down into a juniors 17/18 and it felt awesome.

3- my big wedding is in 12ish weeks and I want to feel confident in my dress. I want to not worry about how I look in the pictures, worry about angles, etc.

4- My husband and I want to TTC this year. I want to get towards a more healthy weight so I can lower my chances of suffering preeclampsia again.

5- I want to be able to chase and play with my kids like their dad can. I want to be a good example of loving my body and myself for my daughters and to be able to play with them, not just watch.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    To be healthy first and foremost!! :D
    Now for the fun stuff
    The be even sexier than I am now LOL
    The fit into skinny jeans ever my husband and say damn girl LOL, but for real though!
    To fit into this small to medium t-shirt that says damn you're hot!! :D:D
    Not really a vain person but it's Friday and I'm feeling good and having fun. Happy Friday My Fitness Pal!
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    20 years ago I was at my perfect weight and fitness level and I loved myself. Life happened. Although I was rarely sick, a year ago I had a nearly-fatal health scare that woke me up to how much my weight had increased. Aside from the main issue, I was told I had high blood pressure and pre-diabetes. That turned out to be false but I knew it was a matter of time unless I got fit again.

I also finally admitted that, with a fit husband and fit adult kids, I was a slob by comparison. And that people generally disrespect heavy people. I want respect and self respect again.
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My why(s)
    -To be more healthy and not in pain
    -To be able to run without having to stop to breathe
    -Not to have that annoying flab around me
    -To look good for myself and to feel better
    -To be more defined and lighter.