Looking for fellow members with 100+ lbs to lose...

Options
Hi All,
I am looking to make friends with people who are in the same boat as myself--struggling to lose 100 pounds or more. I welcome friends of all ranges, but I would especially love having friends who understand what I am going through. I'm a good listener, and a great cheerleader!
Thanks,
Charlotte

Replies

• rbare1970
    rbare1970 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's tough. I lost 89 but was injured and have gained about 20 back. Getting started again is harder than it was before. Feel free to add me.
  • TaraDeNucci
    TaraDeNucci Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat. Want to lose 100+ lbs, more like 150, but I've lost 37 already! Would love more friends, send me a request (and anyone else too)
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Feel free to Add me. I'm just at the beginning of my journey. And I have A LOT to lose. Having a good support system is awesome! We can do it!
  • mrshillis
    mrshillis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for responding! I know we can be good supporters for each other--I am already seeing such great progress from y'all on my news feed! Keep up the good work! <3
  • tmurphythompson
    tmurphythompson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am 54 this year and have 100+ pounds to lose. It is a daunting number!
  • jesseecaden
    jesseecaden Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Meee!!

I have about 100 to lose but I'm down 17 now and need friends!
  • thabersham1
    thabersham1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I am happy to be a resource to anyone here that is striving for this 100+ pound goal. I have lost over 100 pounds in the past 2 years, and I feel great. For such an aggressive goal, it's important to count every ounce lost as a victory. It's going to take time. You will cry, you will have bad days, and you will want to give up, but don't! Your mind is a powerful tool, so use it to be a motivator and not a stumbling block! You can do this!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    been there. started in 2012 lost 100 over the following year. I dont comment much on the feeds anymore and rarely comment on diaries but am happy to offer input if asked. Also echo what thabersham1 says. Know you will stumble and struggle but every moment is an opportunity to get back on track.
  • carsonmom4
    carsonmom4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm new, need to lose over 100lbs, and need friends. So how do we become friend?
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me. I'm 40 lbs down since Jan 1st but still have 200 to go!
  • havronab
    havronab Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have lost 75 lbs so far and would like to lose another 60 to 75! Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • aperrucc
    aperrucc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm in the same boat.
  • jeleclekat1951
    jeleclekat1951 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm back AGAIN. I really need to get serious with my weight. Hubby had quintuple heart bypass in November and has not bounced back yet and I have gained another 20 pounds since he's been home. My own doing, my own fault. Breathing and mobility has gotten worse and I'm mobility disabled anyway. My life is in my hands and I need to get busy. So, no waiting for a certain date, or day of the week. THE TIME IS NOW.

I,m tired of struggling on my own and would love to be friends and help each other reach our goals. 100lbs is daunting, and I'd love to lose 150+, but realize I can't do it on my own.]

• wintersetm
    wintersetm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have about 130 pounds to lose. I previously lost 80, but life got crazy so I am almost back to square one. Starting a nutrition/lifestyle class with my husband Monday, so hope I can get on track.
  • carsonmom4
    carsonmom4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    havronab wrote: »
    I have lost 75 lbs so far and would like to lose another 60 to 75! Anyone can feel free to add me.

Thanks for friending me. How do I friend another member?
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am somewhat ashamed to say I have lost 100 lbs...and gained back 84. As of December I was at 312. I'm back to 305 now. I never thought I'd ever see that 3 again when I lost before. That was about 2007 or so. It had taken two years. The first 70 actually came off pretty fast, just less than a year. The last 30 - I fought for every ounce. Then I hit that 100 lbs down and my brain just said, "You did it! You're done!" Stupid. I did keep it off for a couple years. I'd only regained a little by 2010. Anyway, since then there's been menopause and middle age (I'm 53) and well, issues with my only child that don't need to be gone into here, and it just crept back on.

In 2015 my annual physical showed me to be pre-diabetic. I already take Lipitor for cholesterol and THREE meds for blood pressure. Darn near everyone in my family who is dead died of a heart condition or stroke, including both my parents, but no one has diabetes. This means I did that to myself; no blaming genetics. I ate my way to this, pure and simple. I started seeing a dietician...and gained. I was put on Metformin in 2016...and gained. When I saw that 312 in December, I kind of freaked out. I think it was the slap in the face I needed.

As of this week, I've lost 7 lbs and my numbers are down a bit. Still pre-diabetic, but down. My husband's in the same boat, but his numbers have NOT gone down at all and he has diabetes in his family. So he's also gotten very serious. My husband and I have both bought fitbits and we've started really paying attention and working to get exercise. My job is VERY sedentary, literally, I could go hours without getting out of my chair. So now I'm taking walks and getting on my elliptical every morning and logging my food. This has to end.

Fingers crossed.