1 pound a week and 60 min a day workout challenge - support

Options
Hello,
My goal for the next 4 weeks is to lose 1 pound a week and to exercise 60 min a day.

This seems realistic and achievable.

Does anyone want to accompany me on this challenge?

Would be nice to be a small group of say, 20 people, to motivate and give each other support.

We could share how we do each day, and agree on a weigh in day (let's say Mondays) to see how we are doing.

Anyone wants in?

We would start this Monday 24th , with a weigh in to know where our starting point.

Starting Weight - 153
Current Weight - 152
Goal Weight - 125

Goal weight for this challenge of 4 weeks - 147

Replies

• jennahiggins
    jennahiggins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am in with you, I am already a member of a biggest loser challenge on here, but I will join you in your challenge.
    I weigh in on Mondays for my records, so that is awesome that you chose Mondays.
  • lval82
    lval82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!!!
  • soonermommy3
    Options
    I'm in. I need to get back on track. :-)
  • Evercia
    Evercia Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm in! This sounds like what my general goal is and a little extra motivation wouldn't hurt.
  • mksidhu1976
    mksidhu1976 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in - and hopefully by Monday I will have shifted this cold and recovered from jet-lag fully :):happy:
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My loss per week goal is a little higher, but I really NEED to get in 60 minutes workout a day. Can I join?
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    Count me in. Sounds like a reasonable challenge. Maybe enough to get my scale to start moving again. I usually weigh in on Friday morning, but I will change it to Monday. That would probably help me stay on track over the weekend more!
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :) Count me in!
  • acarter86
    acarter86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Maybe this will help motivate me and get me back on track.
  • aLatz13
    aLatz13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! My goal is about the same, but I usually only do a half an hour workout on days when I run. Days when I lift i'm definitely in for an hour - maybe more, so it'll average out!
  • vjhanson5
    vjhanson5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can count me in also! Can use the extra motivation and this challenge will help me out!!
  • Twilightmom06
    Twilightmom06 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm game. I could use the support.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go too, the more support and accountability, the better!!!
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge. 1 pound a week for the entire year is my goal. I'm half way there and could you some motivation.
  • niebla
    niebla Posts: 71
    Options
    Waooo, great!
    Lots of people have joined so quickly!

Someone has pointed out to me that some people measure instead of weighing themselves. That is fine with me. The important thing is that we do those 60 min a day exercise and that we keep to the calorie intake reasonable so we loose some unwanted fat.
  • niebla
    Options
    By the way- thank you everyone for joining!

Let's remember we really want to do this every time proclastinating thoughts invade our minds :)
  • niebla
    Options
    Anyone else wants to join?
  • smahaney1
    smahaney1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!
  • niebla
    Options
    Great smahaney1! Welcome!