P90X & Insanity

Options
Let's get connected and stay motivated. I love the beach body products since I do not have a gym. Share your results, tips, etc...

Replies

• AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have done p90x, p90x3, Insanity, t25 and a little of insanity max 30. I love beach body stuff and I hate going to the gym.

Lost 50 lbs doing insanity and gained tons of strength doing p90x and p90x3. I like p90x3 for days that are busy and don't have a lot of time, but p90x is longer and can just burn you dry and you can hardly lift your arms.

I enjoy most workouts from Beach Body I don't like thier food and suppliment products though imo.
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I didn't think anyone else still loved doing these workouts. I just finished Insanity again on Saturday and started P90X Sunday. I found that doing them first thing in the morning kept me motivated as opposed to after work when I had no desire.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love Beachbody workouts. I started using them when I was a new mom and going to the gym was not an option, or out for a run became more difficult.

I've completed Insanity, 21 Day Fix Extreme, P90x3, Asylum Vol. 1, PiYo, Hammer and Chisel, Insanity Max 30 and Body Beast.

I'm heading out for a trip next week and plan on starting P90x upon my return. I had tried it twice before, like 8 years ago and couldn't get through it because I thought the cardio wasn't challenging enough and I got bored with the strength training. Now I love strength training and I plan to use some Insanity cardio to replace some of the easier stuff.

I really look forward to doing it and I'm happy I found other people working on P90x!!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    jvs125 wrote: »
    I love Beachbody workouts. I started using them when I was a new mom and going to the gym was not an option, or out for a run became more difficult.

I've completed Insanity, 21 Day Fix Extreme, P90x3, Asylum Vol. 1, PiYo, Hammer and Chisel, Insanity Max 30 and Body Beast.

I'm heading out for a trip next week and plan on starting P90x upon my return. I had tried it twice before, like 8 years ago and couldn't get through it because I thought the cardio wasn't challenging enough and I got bored with the strength training. Now I love strength training and I plan to use some Insanity cardio to replace some of the easier stuff.

I really look forward to doing it and I'm happy I found other people working on P90x!!

I did a combo of Insanity and p90x and let me tell you it rocks your socks off. You can get a routine off the Beach Body website super gym.
  • SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've also completed a number of BB workouts. X, X+, Insanity, Turbo Fire, T25, Charlene Extreme, X3... Working out at home is a better fit for my busy lifestyle.
    Been a part of the BB community for 10+ years now & i'm staring another round of X Classic on Monday. Feel free to add me.
  • Becomefit2017
    Becomefit2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently started T25, and I like it. However, I am thinking of doing P90X3 and T25 hybrid starting next week. Does anyone have any suggestions on this combo?
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Love BB workouts. Definitely the Insanity series are my absolute favorites. Unfortunately last summer I tore my ACL, so I've been on the recovery road ever since. However, today I restarted Insanity Max 30, doing the modifier and still getting a great burn.

I intend on mixing it up with PiYo and Body Pump, but I'll see how exactly. Most probably it will be depending on mood and physical feeling at the moment, but on good days I might try doing combos. I'll see.

What I do know is that while I enjoy PiYo and Body Pump, the challenge of Insanity is like no other.

• Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've don't Insanity, p90x, and t25. The high impact plyometrics tore my meniscus. Be careful....they're great workouts though. Saw my best results with p90x.
  • Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    So far I'm in week 5 of P90x3. I wasn't really liking the Yoga too much, for I felt I need a more burn and the posing was a little challenging, But now, it's starting to grow on me.
  • Lavelle1980
    Options
    I have done p90x, p90x3, Insanity, t25 and a little of insanity max 30. I love beach body stuff and I hate going to the gym.

Lost 50 lbs doing insanity and gained tons of strength doing p90x and p90x3. I like p90x3 for days that are busy and don't have a lot of time, but p90x is longer and can just burn you dry and you can hardly lift your arms.

I enjoy most workouts from Beach Body I don't like thier food and suppliment products though imo.

I feel the same way. Not a big fan of their shakeology. I tried the original Insanity for 15 minutes, and pressed stopped immediately.
  • Lavelle1980
    Options
    kclaar11 wrote: »
    I didn't think anyone else still loved doing these workouts. I just finished Insanity again on Saturday and started P90X Sunday. I found that doing them first thing in the morning kept me motivated as opposed to after work when I had no desire.

Me too. I love these workouts and most the people I've talked with, said, they heard of it but haven't tried it.
  • Lavelle1980
    Options
    jvs125 wrote: »

Wow, way to go. I'm loving body beast, for it was my favorite, but P90x3 is where I get my cardio plus a little toning done. Although I haven't finished either yet, because I keep switching back and forth, I plan to completely finish P90x3 this new round. Week 5 for me.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm starting p90X tomorrow. I'm super excited. I'd love to connect with people who are going through the program as well.
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm starting p90X tomorrow. I'm super excited. I'd love to connect with people who are going through the program as well.

I am about 11 days in. It is a great workout if you push yourself
  • Lavelle1980
    Options

I'll send a request. I'm connecting with P90x members too. Loving this program. The first week I couldn't do 1 pull up. 3rd week, I can do 5 pull ups on my own with no assistance. It gets better every week.

• SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Almost done with R11, Wk 1 of P90X. Always have great results with this one & I'm interested to hear your thoughts/experience too. :)

Don't forget Tony's words of wisdom: "On your most exhausting, overwhelming, lackluster days, stick the DVD in the player and see what happens. Be fully committed to having a lousy workout. You must be OK with the fact you will be weak and puny and rotten at it. Any workout, no matter how bad it is, is always better than NO workout at all. You just can't feel bad after a workout. Ever! If you've got good energy and you do the best you can, you'll have a great workout. If your energy and motivation are in the toilet and you do it anyway (even poorly), you've had a great workout!"
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've done 3 or more rounds of P90X, parts of P90X3 and 1 round of Body Beast. I loved P90X the original and still use the Plyometrics video sometimes - saw some great results. However Body Beast was my favorite! I outgrew my dumbbells at home and have been going to the gym for a year now. Body Beast helped me go from scrawny to building muscles and I love my muscles. I now use programs on the Body Space app (free) through bodybuilding.com. *Do your best and forget the rest :smile:
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Doing Insanity Max 30 now. I've done PiYo, ChaLEAN Extreme, BBL, Core De Force, Body Beast, Hammer & Chisel, P90X3, Cize. Hmmmm, I'm probably missing a few, lol. Love BB.
  • Lavelle1980
    Options
    I've done 3 or more rounds of P90X, parts of P90X3 and 1 round of Body Beast. I loved P90X the original and still use the Plyometrics video sometimes - saw some great results. However Body Beast was my favorite! I outgrew my dumbbells at home and have been going to the gym for a year now. Body Beast helped me go from scrawny to building muscles and I love my muscles. I now use programs on the Body Space app (free) through bodybuilding.com. *Do your best and forget the rest :smile:

I love BodyBeast too, I invested in quite of few dumbbells. Was debating to go with Blowflex dumbbells or just buy individual. I decided pure iron was a better choice.
  • Lavelle1980
    Options
    andrea4736 wrote: »
    Doing Insanity Max 30 now. I've done PiYo, ChaLEAN Extreme, BBL, Core De Force, Body Beast, Hammer & Chisel, P90X3, Cize. Hmmmm, I'm probably missing a few, lol. Love BB.

Core De Force is going to be my next purchase. It looks really fun to do.