Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    80's and 90's!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm an old-soul, I like 60's to 80's especially Beatles, Beegees, Earth, Wind & Fire.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    40's and 50's. I know. I'm weird.
  • PropheticHeroism
    PropheticHeroism Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The mid-90s. Black, death, and doom metal just haven't been the same since. I fondly remember Deicide's Once Upon the Cross, Cannibal Corpse's The Bleeding, My Dying Bride's Turn Loose the Swans, and Emperor's Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk.

I found my love for Opeth when i was a kid, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    i still have a soft-spot for 80's hair metal
    Lol, me too. With groups like Motley Crue, Ratt, Poison, Cinderella, Bon Jovi, etc.
    Also am big into Judas Priest, Y&T, Scorpions, Dio, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Holy crap! Someone else knows who Y&T is?!

I'd have to say absolutely the 80's. Hair bands and pop. Loved loved loved the hair bands.

Still one of my favorite songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWrqI1FI4TU

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    The mid-90s. Black, death, and doom metal just haven't been the same since. I fondly remember Deicide's Once Upon the Cross, Cannibal Corpse's The Bleeding, My Dying Bride's Turn Loose the Swans, and Emperor's Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk.
    This was also a time I got into "Gangta Rap" and liked groups like NWA, Naughty by Nature, etc.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I was born in 1968 so the 70s and 80s are my favorites!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Late 60's through mid 80's. Factor out the Disco.

I'm Blues and Rock & Roll. I installed a great system on my Motorcycle and when I ride down the road everyone gets to hear what I like. Some people roll up their windows. Some people start rocking out.
    Lol, assuming you couldn't sit through "Grease" when it came out then. :D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that generally speaking we are fondest of the music we grew up with, since it informs such a huge part of our cultural experience. This may be the popular music of the time, or it may be what we're exposed to at home, or a combination of both.

So while I have a definite preference for the rock music of the 60s and 70s, I also love old school country, which was my Dad's thing (along with Spike Jones!), and I was heavily influenced by a couple of my HS classmates who were jazz aficionados from early on.

As an adult, I have tried to live by the credo that was espoused by Vin Scelsa, of NY FM radio fame, who said,

"What it comes down to is this...there are three commandments: respect the elders; embrace the new; and encourage the impractical and improbable without bias."
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Big fan of the British Invasion
  • gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Late 70s and 80s.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

I found my love for Opeth when i was a kid, lol.

@PropheticHeroism Opeth was my favorite band from the time they released Still Life in the late-90s. Then Heritage happened, I threw it out the window, and haven't bought an album from them since. Every time they put up a preview track from a new album, I give it a listen, just hoping that they stopped making terribly boring Jethro Tull ripoffs. Still disappointed, almost a decade later.
  • ironmangomez
    ironmangomez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    80s and Christian Hip Hop
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Late 60's through mid 80's. Factor out the Disco.

I'm Blues and Rock & Roll. I installed a great system on my Motorcycle and when I ride down the road everyone gets to hear what I like. Some people roll up their windows. Some people start rocking out.
    Lol, assuming you couldn't sit through "Grease" when it came out then. :D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

It seems to me that generally speaking we are fondest of the music we grew up with, since it informs such a huge part of our cultural experience. This may be the popular music of the time, or it may be what we're exposed to at home, or a combination of both.

So while I have a definite preference for the rock music of the 60s and 70s, I also love old school country, which was my Dad's thing (along with Spike Jones!), and I was heavily influenced by a couple of my HS classmates who were jazz aficionados from early on.

As an adult, I have tried to live by the credo that was espoused by Vin Scelsa, of NY FM radio fame, who said,

"What it comes down to is this...there are three commandments: respect the elders; embrace the new; and encourage the impractical and improbable without bias."
    When I used to club alot back in the day, there were definitely clubs I liked a lot more due to the music they played, but some of the most popular ones played music I didn't care about very much (some played some rap and techno I didn't like) but the girlies were there. Lol, I can remember so many times sticking in a cassette tape and having to hit the forward and rewind button to hear my favorite songs and always that long pause in between as the tape auto searched. :D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I'm an old-soul, I like 60's to 80's especially Beatles, Beegees, Earth, Wind & Fire.

Me too went to my 50th HS reunion last August, Class of 66!

I remember hearing each new Beatle song come out on the radio. I have a brother and sister who are 7/8 years older so I got to hear all the 50s Rock&Roll too.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Oh gosh, I love music. I adored the 70s disco music when I was a pre-teen/young teen. Loved Van Halen/Boston/Journey/Styx and then U2 as a teen/young adult in the 80s. In the 90s as a young mom I fell in love with DMB, continued to rock to U2 and so many other new "alternative" bands.

I love it all :)