What is everyone reading? I need some ideas for my new e-re

Options
BeckyO
BeckyO Posts: 14
Hey there everyone! Just wondering what everyone is reading on their ereaders. I just got one and need some hints, ideas, or just you have to ready this book!! Thanks!

Replies

• szqnva
    szqnva Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just read "The Help" on my kindle. Great book!
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Right now I'm reading the Game of Thrones series. I also love Grisham, Flynn, Patterson and Nicholas Sparks! :)
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games trilogy. Best thing I've ever read.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    OOOOh..The Help sounds like a GOOD ONE! The movie looks great and books are always soo much better!

I just got finished with an AMAZING book by one of my MFP Friends..

and I am still reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward....VERY GREAT!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I am in love with the Black Jewel Series ... I have them all on my Kindle. As well as the Mercedes Thompson story-lines.

And I also subscribe to a monthly periodical called One Story ... Literally, One story each month from a different author. With an interview about the author and the story to follow. They never repeat the same author twice. Sometimes it's a little disappointing because not every genre is for everyone and they do switch it up quite a bit, but I enjoy the opportunity to expand my reading horizons.

And don't forget to look into the literally THOUSANDS of free e-reader version of classic works. The gutenberg project and many more groups are out there making them available to e-readers.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Oh I read 'The Help' last year, enjoyed it,.

Im reading 'The Ice cream girls' by Dorothy Koomson (sp). just read 'Unknow father' by Lesley Pearse and enjoyed it. I like most by Lesley Pearse though.x
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I really loved "The Hunger Games" trilogy. Highly recommend. I've also really enjoyed "One Hundred Years of Solitude". I'm reading some older historical fiction now. Not as sexy as those two...
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am reading the final book in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series. If you haven't read any of them, they're entertaining and easy to read. But this final one is a tear-jerker....
  • LHSHokie
    LHSHokie Posts: 18
    Options
    I just finished reading "Purpose Driven Life" ... really changed my outlook on life and where I fit in the big picture. I definitely recommend it!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I don't have an ereader because I like to share books with friends and coworkers. I just finished City of Bones two nights ago. Before that I read Die for Me and Starcrossed. I really liked Starcrossed, it has a little Greek mythology in it.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    OOOOh..The Help sounds like a GOOD ONE! The movie looks great and books are always soo much better!

I just got finished with an AMAZING book by one of my MFP Friends..

and I am still reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward....VERY GREAT!
    LOVE the BDB series! alittle explicit but very very good!
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    my all-time favorite books are the Odd Thomas series from Dean Koontz. if you like suspense, thrills, love, humor, and some paranormal mixed in, you'll love them! they're called "Odd Thomas", "Forever Odd", "Brother Odd", and "Odd Hours". They're making a movie out of it and Koontz is planning on adding 3 more books to the series.

Dean Koontz also wrote a book called "Watchers" that scared the hell out of me, and kept me scared for about a month after finishing it.

Right now though, i'm reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which is part of a 3-book series by Stieg Larsson.
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm obsessed with Nicholas Sparks, but I'm currently reading "the lovely bones" and enjoying it (I saw the film last year but already prefer the novel) =)
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    WHat kind of books do you like to read? That would kinda help...
    Made to Crave is a good book
    Sookie stackhouse series is good
    Anitia Blake series is really good
    Mercy Thompson series is really really good
    I could go on and on if you need more let me know...
    I only have about 1200 book on my Kindle :)
  • tsaenz09
    tsaenz09 Posts: 30
    Options
    I just got done with The Hollow and The Haunted by Jessica Verday. The third book in the series The Hidden is coming out September 6th! I absoultely love these books!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    The Diana Gabaldon Outlander series, if it's on e-reader. That'll keep you occupied for quite some time!
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I just finished Henry Winkler's book "I Never Met an Idiot on the River." I'm just starting Ayn Rand's "The Virtue of Selfishness."
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm obsessed with Nicholas Sparks, but I'm currently reading "the lovely bones" and enjoying it (I saw the film last year but already prefer the novel) =)

If you like The Lovely Bones you should read the author's biography called Lucky. It's the story of how she herself was raped and how she coped and moved on. its really really good, i read it before The Lovely Bones.
  • CincyDave
    CincyDave Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The Help and The Hunger Games are all awesome.

Currently, I'm going back and reading the Alphabet Series by Sue Grafton. (A is for Alibi, B is for Bugler, etc.)

I've never read these, and I'm loving them.

-Dave
  • mleipe
    mleipe Posts: 54
    Options
    The Matthew Scudder series by Lawrence Block. I'm a huge fan of crime fiction and this is some of the best I've ever read. Not for the faint of heart, though!