Subway w/white egg

Options
Subway has the "white egg" option here, which I am sure is a lot better than the whole egg (I should point out here that I have a cholesterol problem), but I can't find any info on the white egg on the Subway website, or elsewhere on the net either. Just wondering if any one has stumbled on info. I could maybe try doing more of a general search comparing a whole egg to just egg whites. My first "real" post here other than the intro post I did.
I tend to gravitate towards something with meat and eggs in the morning, as a general habit, it seems to satisfy me much longer than just fruity/grainy things. I have been trying these "wake up wraps" at Dunkin (which I never went to before, honest!) which are 150 cals and 15mg cholesterol, and plus 1/2 a fiber bar (the other half I have at about 10am, due to a weird job) and that will get me through to supper without much snacking at all, maybe a few crackers around 3pm).
But mainly wondering about egg white vs the whole egg.
Gilly

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs range form 70-80 cals and egg whites are about 15-25 cals.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    You can find all their nutrition info here: http://www.lose-weight-with-us.com/subway-nutrition-facts.html

Just scroll down until you find the breakfast sandwiches!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol has no effect on serum cholesterol. That's been debunked. Eat the whole egg. All the nutrients are in the yolk!! Protein and fats fill you up. Grainy/fruity just make you hungry a couple of hours later.

this is just one I pulled up real quick.

http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm#a

Worry about Subway bread. They all contain high fructose corn syrup (The whole grains has more HFCS than whole grain). Their wheat and whole grain breads contain chemicals that are also used in fertilizers. Below is one of many online.

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/86/069/Subway_sandwiches_Its_Fake_9_Grain_Bread_with_plant_fertilizers_Yummy_and_H.F.Corn_syrup.html
  • GillyWI
    GillyWI Posts: 27
    Options
    Jagh09, thanks for the link, I couldn't even find this info on Subways own site!
    Had the small egg white sandwich this morning w/ham but no cheese and a few veggies and was good.
    hpsnickers1, I can appreciate what you are saying and I did look at that first link and can understand what they are saying. I guess it boils down to who I am going to trust, my doctor or info I find on the net. To a certain extent, like the calorie charts for Subway I just got hooked up with, yes I trust them. But do I trust infgo that is more or less saying I can decrease my cholesterol by eating-more-cholesterol...........hmmmmm. I think I better follow the doctors orders.
    But if you would just give your opinion then: Do I........just count calories and lose weight and hope for the best? Watch only the fat content? Watch sugars and specifically weed out HFCS?? I gotta have some kind of a plan and the doc said watch the cholesterol level, if the cholesterol is low everything else will fall into place (fats, calories) which seems to be working for me so far, although he did specify to also watch the fat, fat and cholesterol. And of course to exercise.