FitBits: worth the hype?

Options
2»

Replies

• kjwalker2014
    kjwalker2014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Had a Charge 2 for a couple months now and it really does help me stay conscious of my decisions because I shelled out $120 dollars for it. I've become a bit obsessive about it and I find myself getting extra steps in. I also love the sleep tracker and the silent alarm.
  • hilhilbean
    hilhilbean Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've had the FitBit One for years and I love it. I've never had any issues with it and the company has been great (I had an issue with my Aria and they replaced it in two days for nothing).

I like being able to remind myself to get up and MOVE since I work at a desk all day and I never, ever remember to bring my phone with me when I'm just walking around the office.
  • rckc1
    rckc1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    I got the Charge 2 not quite 3 months ago and I love it. I wear it all the time, except in the shower and when it needs charged. Keeping in mind it's an "activity" tracker, I track steps, floors, miles, calories burned, calories eaten, workouts, sleep, water, days I've exercised, how many hours in the day I get in my mini-hourly step goals, my weight, and my heart rate. I'm a data driven individual and I love that it gives me all this information. A lot of people don't or won't care. I also think it's stylish and I have several bands to swap out on it to go with different things. If you are going to get one, to make it worth the money, you should determine if you want all that information. There are all kinds of these devices in different price ranges. Just need to figure out how you would use it for your personal goals.

I just ordered the charge 2, have the charge HR now. Just looking at it helps me keep in line with activity AND food!
  • pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fitness trackers are a tool that will help you succeed if you use it correctly. But it's just that. A single tool.
  • pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    rckc1 wrote: »
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    I got the Charge 2 not quite 3 months ago and I love it. I wear it all the time, except in the shower and when it needs charged. Keeping in mind it's an "activity" tracker, I track steps, floors, miles, calories burned, calories eaten, workouts, sleep, water, days I've exercised, how many hours in the day I get in my mini-hourly step goals, my weight, and my heart rate. I'm a data driven individual and I love that it gives me all this information. A lot of people don't or won't care. I also think it's stylish and I have several bands to swap out on it to go with different things. If you are going to get one, to make it worth the money, you should determine if you want all that information. There are all kinds of these devices in different price ranges. Just need to figure out how you would use it for your personal goals.

I just ordered the charge 2, have the charge HR now. Just looking at it helps me keep in line with activity AND food!

I just got the Charge 2. Way better than the first Charge. Cost is pretty good too. But this is my third FitBit and I really have come to depend on it.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I've owned a fitbit flex and a fitbit charge 2. I didn't like the fact that the app randomly lost sync all the time, and I didn't like the rubber band which made me itchy. Also they're long and flat and hurt when you rotate your wrist. Not waterproof, and have to take them off to charge.

I've got a Misfit Shine 2 now which is way better. It addresses all of the above issues. Comfortable to wear, looks great, app syncs seamlessly (hasn't lost connection once in 8 months), has a watch type battery and only needs replacing every 6 months, it's waterproof, it tells the time and alerts phonecalls and texts from your phone.
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My mom got it, and my sister in law got it, my sons speech teacher got it- zero weight loss/drive for any of them since then! lol I know that's not everyone's case, but I see it now as bad luck so I don't want to get one lol! But hey if you need the motivation and shove to get back into things, or to work harder at it, and can afford it then go ahead! I just feel I have enough tools for myself to keep going along! To each their own I guess!
  • duncan04
    duncan04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I say choose whatever fracker based on what you plan to USE it for. I have an Apple Watch-love it! I also have a Fitbit Alta-amazing! I wear them all the time and one on each wrist. I shower and swim in them-never an issue. Been out GORUCKing and both hold up. Each do something slightly different. (For those that think it's crazy to wear both-no one has ever told me they look odd. Especially with all the new bands and colors out there) between them both they make the perfect tracker
  • EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin vivosmart and the number one reason I went with it is waterproof. I don't take it off except to charge it. I had original version which had screen issues and was upgraded for free to the vivosmart hr model. Love it.

Is it needed?? No. Will it make you lose weight? No. Will it help remind you to be active, make you feel accountable to being more active? Yes if you let it (as someone mentioned earlier their husband could care less it's more of a watch).

If mine broke tomorrow would I buy another one?? Maybe.. I like sleep tracking, I pay attention to the step counts. I like tracking heart rate when I work out. Do I NEED it? No.