Is it possible to reach my goal by July?

Options
2»

Replies

• sandsofarabia
    sandsofarabia Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you try to lose 2 lbs/week you'll definitely have lost most, if not all, the weight by the first week of july. It's do-able. And honestly I don't know what other people are saying about it being impossible because (at least in my experience) I've lost a steady 2 lbs/week just fine. As long as you don't delay your starting date and that you don't really cheat at all, you definitely can do it! I did a lower 1200 calorie/day plan but I only did moderate levels of exercise.
  • sandsofarabia
    sandsofarabia Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @sandsofarabia -- your weight loss ticker indicates you have 120 pounds to lose

The OP only has 35, you do understand why 2lbs per week is doable for you and not for her now.. correct?

actually, good point. even if it doesn't work out by july.. you'll still weigh less in july than today and feel more confident even if you've yet to reach your goal
  • gnu4liberty
    gnu4liberty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think losing weight that quickly might damage your health. If you are on a forever kind of program, taking longer seems okay.
  • Niples_
    Niples_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Body can't burn that much fat per day. Then body can burn that much fat per day but only if you have a ton of fat. Then if you do intense cardio, the exercise will you 100% calories from what you ate. And the organs will be left with not enough. Even if you ate like 20 hrs ago.

Sorry I don't think it's so black and white.
    1500 calories can be a decent amount of food as long as its not junk. And I don't know how intense her "intense cardio" will be. She will not likely achieve 1000 deficit.

Not that I'm here to argue with anyone. But here are my 2 cent.

Yeah I'm a guy, a skinny guy, and weigh a little more, started at 186. Goal is 160 to reach 10% bf. So only 26 lbs to lose. Lost almost 19 lbs of Fat so far up 2lbs of muscle... on DEXA scanner. At day 56.

The idea that you have to eat back most of the calories you exercise is funny to me.

I'm eating 2000 calorie avg, close to 1000 deficit. Carb cycling 4 day low 3 day high. Daily protein over 200g low carb below 100g high up to 250g. Fat fluctuates according to carb.

Had 2 cheat days so far. High carb days already feel like a cheat day. Been more energetic than ever lifting hard 7 days a week. MODERATE cardio 30 mins 6 days a week.

@OP my recommendation is to not push heart rate too high during your cardio. Keep it around 65% of your max. It will feel ez but more intensity will use up you glycogen stores too fast and you'll be catabolic which means burning muscle for energy.

If weight lifting is an option. Try to incorporate it in your plan. Might burn less calories but there are other benefits. Including keeping you muscle while you cut. Drink a ton of water. At least 3 liters a day. Eat at least 120g of protein a day. Make good choices on your carbs. Doesn't have to be just vegetables. Red or sweet potatoes are good, oats etc... Don't waste your time on nuts. They are high in calories and not filling. Don't worry about the good fats BS. You can eat them when you hit your goal.

Don't worry about sodium unless you got medical conditions. You not trying to lose water weight. Make sure your food tastes good and it won't even feel like a diet.

If you stick to it, I bet you'll have that initial 4-5 lbs drop and burn another 25lbs of fat. By your goal.
  • BodyByYouChicago
    BodyByYouChicago Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello,

This is absolutely doable, or at least very close to 35 pounds. And doable at a healthy pace.

If you lose two pounds per week, which is a very healthy rate but no more (1.5-2lbs/week is okay), then you would lose right around 30 pounds by July.

What I recommend is not to cut out carbs completely. I would do a moderate carb and moderate fat diet, and keep protein moderate as well so you don't lose any lean tissue.

I would structure your meals so you have carbs with breakfast, carbs with your pre-exercise meal, and carbs with your post-exercise meal. This way, carbs you do consume will be used for fuel and the carbs post-exercise will be used to replenish.

I hope this helps!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sigh :neutral:
    People... people, please, you are promoting unsafe loss here.
    With 35 pounds to lose, a 1000 calorie deficit is not giving the OP what she needs to fuel her body, why promote unhealthy loss over making sure someone eats enough and losing at a rate suitable for their size? I don't understand why anyone would tell someone to do that?

I am with you. This thread has become a hotbed of terrible advice. Unsafe, unsustainable, unrealistic.

@ninerbuff, you normally have good sense with dieting expectations. Any input here?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    With 35 pounds to lose, a 1000 calorie deficit is not giving the OP what she needs to fuel her body, why promote unhealthy loss over making sure someone eats enough and losing at a rate suitable for their size? I don't understand why anyone would tell someone to do that?

I agree. Hopefully OP already got the right idea and won't be harmed by the irresponsible advice some have given here!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

QFT

If one has only 35lbs to lose, 2lb per week is NOT a safe loss rate.