Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Leslie Sansone

Hi , I am getting bored of the elliptical and need a new workout. Yesterday , I found Leslie Sansone's 1 mile walk on Youtube and LOVED IT ! Although , I only burned about 85 calories , it was great. Anyone bought Leslie Sansone's CDs ? Are they worth it ? Would love to see some reviews !

Replies

• Starbucksgirl3
    Starbucksgirl3 Posts: 1 Member
    Yes. I own several. I recommend them to my patients. She is delightful company if you need someone to motivate you.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I used her 5-mile walk video when I was recovering from an illness. It got me moving, but was low-intensity and not too tiring. Leslie is really friendly and approachable! I like her workouts!
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    This woman has literally saved my life. When I was obese there weren't many workouts I could do. Even a 1/2 mile was a challenge, but I kept going and she helped me to lose and keep off 80+ pounds.

Now I'm doing 4 - 5 miles with her everyday this month with ease (I'm in a challenge).

Per mile there's not much of a calorie burn, but after 3+ miles they do add up. And I find her workouts don't stress me out, make me tired or sore (so I can do other workouts too) and they don't make me hungry.

If you can handle her cheerfulness and chatter I say they are worth it!

I feel the same ! Like I usually feel exhausted and hungry after some cardio workouts and am too tired to strength train , but her workout left me energized and not hungry at all .
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    I used her DVDs years ago. My dog made it a challenge as she kept biting my feet to make me stop. It was unapproved unauthorized activity in her mind. Lol. Great workout but after I learned the routines I had to turn the sound off and have my stereo going at the same time...the chatter got to me! Lol
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Check your local library. Mine has a bunch of DVDs of hers. You could get a different one each week and change it up. I started with her DVDs and then gifted them to my Mom when I moved on to something else.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    This woman has literally saved my life. When I was obese there weren't many workouts I could do. Even a 1/2 mile was a challenge, but I kept going and she helped me to lose and keep off 80+ pounds.

Now I'm doing 4 - 5 miles with her everyday this month with ease (I'm in a challenge).

Per mile there's not much of a calorie burn, but after 3+ miles they do add up. And I find her workouts don't stress me out, make me tired or sore (so I can do other workouts too) and they don't make me hungry.

If you can handle her cheerfulness and chatter I say they are worth it!

I feel the same ! Like I usually feel exhausted and hungry after some cardio workouts and am too tired to strength train , but her workout left me energized and not hungry at all .

Exactly! I used to think that you had to do intense exercise to see results, but that's not true. Sure it may take longer, but I wasn't in pain or dread working out like some of the others I tried so that made me want to continue.

wizzybeth wrote: »
    I used her DVDs years ago. My dog made it a challenge as she kept biting my feet to make me stop. It was unapproved unauthorized activity in her mind. Lol. Great workout but after I learned the routines I had to turn the sound off and have my stereo going at the same time...the chatter got to me! Lol

LOL! When I first got my puppy he used to think it was play time whenever I used these workouts. I did them so much that he eventually got bored. lol

Bianca42 wrote: »
    Check your local library. Mine has a bunch of DVDs of hers. You could get a different one each week and change it up. I started with her DVDs and then gifted them to my Mom when I moved on to something else.

Great point about the library! My local one has a lot and I've even requested several. It takes weeks to get, but it's great being able to use the whole dvd before buying.