IBS

Options
arlzixxx
arlzixxx Posts: 30 Member
Anyone have IBS ? What are you eating and has losing weight helped? :)

Replies

• Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Two tbs apple cider vinegar a day. It cleared mine up. However... EWW! I can only handle it for 3 days but it seems to last a couple of months each time. I only do this when I'm so desperate I'd be willing to try anything. But, it does work..for me.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have ibs and ibd and the low fodmaps diet helped a lot
  • purplepadres
    purplepadres Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did an elimination diet to identify my triggers. It's really an individual thing. For me, it's dairy. There are a few other things that definitely contribute, so I have completely cut dairy products, and I mostly avoid nuts & seeds. You have to find what works for you.
  • ellefox70
    ellefox70 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Definitely cows milk for me too. Cut it out of diet and have had no flare ups since (4years in). Mushrooms are also no go for me.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I have found that keeping up with the fibre really helps with regulation.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    check out quirky cooking, there's a lot of recipes suitable for various intolerences
  • PizzaWarrior
    PizzaWarrior Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna agree with the dairy thing too. Cow's milk is a huge no-go for me - which is really unfortunate because I've had a love affair with cheese for as long as I can remember. It's definitely an individual thing though, I agree with trying an elimination diet to figure out what your triggers are!