Are progress photos private?

Options
Are progress photos private by default? Or do I have to change a setting or something? Definitely don't want to publicly share pics of my fat belly thanks :p

Replies

• rosemarycandice
    rosemarycandice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think there is an option in settings to make photos private
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,799 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you post them on the open boards, the entire world can see them. If you post them in a closed group, only members of the group can see them. If you post in your profile, it depends on the privacy setting you've chosen for the profile. Hope that helps. :)
  • marmalade225
    marmalade225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Um, idk what you mean by posting them in my profile but I was referring to the photo you can upload when you update your weight. Is that what you meant too? Sorry, I haven't used this site in awhile. Thank you so much for helping.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Progress photos are private so long as you never post them on the internet. Nothing you put on the internet is every really private. Policies can always change and whatever platform you post to can always be hacked, sold, or the privacy policy can simply be disregarded (very difficult to "win" a case against this and by then, the damage is done).

Sorry I know that wasn't helpful in terms of using the app.
  • Scotty2HotPie
    Scotty2HotPie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Um, idk what you mean by posting them in my profile but I was referring to the photo you can upload when you update your weight. Is that what you meant too? Sorry, I haven't used this site in awhile. Thank you so much for helping.

Your Weight Progress photos are NOT shared to your feed automatically. You have to manually post them using the "Share" button at the top right (if on the mobile app) after the photo is attached.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, there is no way to set any photos to private on here.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Idk how to share/upload photos on my feed. I go with the rule "If I don't want people to see it, I don't upload it."