Anyone else need to lose only about 10 lbs and STUCK?

Options

Replies

• Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    ME! I think i self sabatoge. I was within 6 lbs of my goal & went braindead & gained 5+ lbs now Its seems so hard to stick with it. & seems harder to get the weight to come off than it did before.
    any help greatly appreciated. any friends requests as well. I use the app on my phone a lot but am new to actually using the site. I hope it helps get me motivated & focused again.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ok, i see that i am not the only one stuck!! Ten more pounds that's all, its not my ideal body weight but it is the weight that will make me happy.
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    I've only started a couple of weeks ago, and have actually 15 to lose. which I know I will once I can exercise properly again.
    On 143 now, used to be relatively fit and happy on around 135 but now want to go below 130.

I'm going to start 30 day shred as soon as my dvd arrives, anyone else in on that?
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ME! I think i self sabatoge. I was within 6 lbs of my goal & went braindead & gained 5+ lbs now Its seems so hard to stick with it. & seems harder to get the weight to come off than it did before.
    any help greatly appreciated. any friends requests as well. I use the app on my phone a lot but am new to actually using the site. I hope it helps get me motivated & focused again.

Urgh! Me too! i always lose site of my goal when I am so close. What the heck is that?!

I am also working to get to 120-125. I started at 136, started on the site at 134 and am now 133 (one week in). I WILL get down to 125. I definitely feel like those last 10lbs are the hardest. I think upping the workouts/week is the only way to get there.
  • GingerBroad
    Options
    My ideal weight would be between 120-125. Unfortunately, my body just feels comfortable around 135. I have never gone above this weight but would love to get out of the 130s!

Same for me! That is my exact goal and I am 133 right now. I am committed this time and being super positive. I just need to get my butt working out more often and with some stronger intensity. I think that's going to be the only way.
  • DayAtATime
    DayAtATime Posts: 72
    Options
    I am 135 and would like to be 125....10lbs! I have remained at this weight since January and I guess I do know how to do maintenance at this level which is a plus. I need to be stricter with my food choices....too many cheat meals and then too many calories to actually lose. I guess I need to really decide whether I want to lose the next 10. I know I do my best when I am sick and tired of being at a certain weight and get back to losing instead of maintaining.
  • Tech1960ps
    Options
    For anyone that is stuck at a weight, drop your carbs to 60 to 100g,do not eat any grains,increase your fat. I was a carb junkie until I switched to paleo eating and found it hard to drop weight. My carbs are now around 70 to 80g a day and am loosing around 1lbs per week. I also eat olive oil, around 2 table spoons a day, on my salad, and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil when I make my breakfast. All the rest of the fat comes from food and I eat around 120g a day in total. When you hit your ideal weight put your carbs up to 100 to 150g and you will easily stay at your target weight. I have no more highs and lows with my energy levels since I dropped grains from my diet or bad stomach problems.

Exercise plays a important part, I walk for 1 hour every day, do a hard cardio work out once every 10 days or so and strength train 3 times a week with kettlebells. Stay away from chronic cardio as it will break your body down and burn you out in the long term.:bigsmile:
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! Stuck at 150-151, want to be 140. Been stuck for a month!!!!!! It's getting hard to stay on track! Grrrr....
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It hasn't been easy and it's been full of up and downs but I'm really pushing this time so I can be DONE!!!!!!
    I just hit the "10 to go" mark.
    I guess we'll see!!

How exciting! You went from a size 12 to a 2???!!! I bet you are so proud of yourself!
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    my body also seems to be very comfortable at 135-140 and refuses to loose another 10lbs too *sigh*
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    SAME HERE TOO. I'm currently at 126.4lbs but seem to fluctuate between 126- 131 and desperate to get down to 119, possibly a little lower once i get there depending on what my body looks like then. i think i got down to 119 a few years ago, i say think because the scales i was using then weren't the most reliable. :-s but i really struggle to get below 126. i work out 5-6 times a week, and stick to a calorie deficit, but it just wont budge. :-(
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i wanted to lose 15, and i have lost 11 with 6 to go, and it is definitely taking much longer to accomplish at this point. i was stuck for a month, but then as soon as i stopped splurging on both days on the weekend, i started to see results again. i have found that i have to remain very strict with following the calorie and exercise goals if i want to keep going down. i give myself a break on one of the weekend days, but i don't take it too far, and i can't give myself the whole weekend anymore. that just maintains my current weight loss at this point.

be prepared for it to take a lot longer. however, if you are exercising regularly and not just cutting calories, you will continue to refine your body, even if you aren't losing as quickly, and there are many benefits to that!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    ...and ME TOO. I'm within a few lbs of the (scale) goal, but then I decided to sign up for a 1/2 marathon (non-scale goal). I think my body's holding on to those last few lbs. for dear life. :}

Then again, I've broken through my running block and gone for 7 miles -- and I try to remember just how good that feels, no matter what the scale tells me!

Hang in there gang! We'll all get there.
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm at 145 and I'd be thrilled to get to 135! It's no easy task... :o(
  • lvmom24
    lvmom24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yup, me too. I am now 8 pounds from where I want to be (and no more muffin top-- I gain all in the stomach). I went back to low carb on Monday and have lost 3 so far ( I know it's water weight but it feels good not to be so bloated).
  • GingerBroad
    Options
    Great advice thanks so much! i am going to adjust my carbs for sure!
    For anyone that is stuck at a weight, drop your carbs to 60 to 100g,do not eat any grains,increase your fat. I was a carb junkie until I switched to paleo eating and found it hard to drop weight. My carbs are now around 70 to 80g a day and am loosing around 1lbs per week. I also eat olive oil, around 2 table spoons a day, on my salad, and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil when I make my breakfast. All the rest of the fat comes from food and I eat around 120g a day in total. When you hit your ideal weight put your carbs up to 100 to 150g and you will easily stay at your target weight. I have no more highs and lows with my energy levels since I dropped grains from my diet or bad stomach problems.

Exercise plays a important part, I walk for 1 hour every day, do a hard cardio work out once every 10 days or so and strength train 3 times a week with kettlebells. Stay away from chronic cardio as it will break your body down and burn you out in the long term.:bigsmile:
  • corduroyveins
    corduroyveins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I've been in the upper 150's for almost a year now. I went on a no-carb diet in January and got down to 152, but once I stopped depriving myself, I bounced right back up to 159 - which is where I've been for a few months. Now I've been doing MFP religiously for almost a month, and though the scale hasn't changed (stubborn thing!), I've lost a couple of inches - which is encouraging. My goal weight is 130, but I would be SO happy to break into the 140s, as well! :)
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I've only started a couple of weeks ago, and have actually 15 to lose. which I know I will once I can exercise properly again.
    On 143 now, used to be relatively fit and happy on around 135 but now want to go below 130.

I'm going to start 30 day shred as soon as my dvd arrives, anyone else in on that?
  • robinmachorro
    Options
    im having the same struggle!! i been stuck at 141 for the past month or two i cant seem to lose the last 10lbs :(
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I feel ya girl, I have loss 10lbs since Feb. It's been a slow process. Now, I feel like I'm stuck!! It's like my body doesnt want me to lose anymore weight, but I'm still determined to lose 10lbs! Stupid 10lbs =P