Looking for Keto and LC friends

Options
Hello my name is Stephanie and I just started Keto on Monday. I'm trying to be more accountable with what I eat so I joined MFP. And would like some like minded people to help encourage me and keep me on track. And I shall do the same.

Replies

• TheNewRaeRae
    TheNewRaeRae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started Keto on Monday, too! I'm in several facebook groups, if you're a facebook user. I can add you if you want.
  • eoblitey
    eoblitey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ieyanes wrote: »
    Hello my name is Stephanie and I just started Keto on Monday. I'm trying to be more accountable with what I eat so I joined MFP. And would like some like minded people to help encourage me and keep me on track. And I shall do the same.

I have been going all keto for months now experimenting with all kinds of things to stay in Ketosis.

I'd be happy to help encourage you and keep you on track!

It helps me also, because of all the research I have been doing we could compare notes on what is, and isn't working.
  • mranlett
    mranlett Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started keto on 2/3/2017 and with no change in my (nonexistant) physical activity I'm down 16 lbs already, with about 70 to go. I'll send out a few friend requests.
  • theshrinkingwoman
    theshrinkingwoman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keto since 11/14/16, down 40.2 lbs!

Let's be frands!
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    what is Keto? I don't eat meat so if it's a carnivore thing I am out.
  • Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started Keto on Monday as well. Add me.
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The food actually looks really good. I could just leave out the meats.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

been keto for over a month, it's going pretty well.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Keto since 12/5 with a few cheats during the holidays (which I totally regret) and I am down 38.4.
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm paleo -- feel free to add me!
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I don't do keto strictly, but I do a LCHF diet. I just allow myself 60 net carbs instead of 20 (for now). I am transitioning into reducing it slowly.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Might as well be the one to say check out this group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    It's a low-carb group that might be able to give you the support you're looking for =)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    catmomfat wrote: »
    The food actually looks really good. I could just leave out the meats.

Yes, exactly this. It's not impossible to do a vegan/vegetarian version of Keto, just more challenging; however, there are a small handful folks doing just that version who are also members of group @Mandamanda93 posted a link to above for you.
  • isaacss5
    isaacss5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    catmomfat wrote: »
    what is Keto? I don't eat meat so if it's a carnivore thing I am out.

It's mostly meat. High fat, protein & low carb
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er and have lost 96 lbs ...you are welcome to add me ...wishing you much success ...I also encourage to join the awesome group that @Mandamanda93 posted...its full of awesome people with lots of info :)
  • LivePrayer
    LivePrayer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started my keto diet about a week ago and was able to get into ketosis in 3 days but I am.having trouble getting into deep ketosis, I need some help with this
  • ChantalL2264
    ChantalL2264 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for keto friends as well! Please add me. I started 3 weeks ago.
  • nemoskitchen
    nemoskitchen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but have been eating clean for 2 years and lost 20kg in 2015. Maintaining now on Paleo-ketogenic diet. Would love to connect if you're also LCHF :)
  • JessicaLeshay86
    JessicaLeshay86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ive been low carb for 2 years..fill free to add me.
  • HappyBride917
    HappyBride917 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Started Keto Today too!! Please, anyone, feel free to add me - looking for friends to support!