No appetite to eat should I go to the doctor?

Options
DeterminedbyGod
DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
edited March 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi you all, I have no appetite to eat anything. I only drink water and eat breakfast. This has been going on since tuesday. I have been doing the green smoothie diet where I eat one meal and drink two green smoothies. Being that my funds are low, I am unable to buy the groceries to make my smoothies so I have been eating clean with veggies fruit and meats. I meal prep for the whole week and make sure that my lunch is packed, but around lunch time I am not hungry. I work out at least one or two times a day for 25 to 30 mins. I am afraid not having an appetite to eat will hurt me.
I researched that this means that body is feeding off the fat. I forgot the correct word for it.
I am also noticing that I am not peeing like I should. I only pee in the mornings and not throughout the day.
My starting weight was 330 pounds and I am now down to 312 pounds.

I may buy some lunch that is high in calories. Maybe it will help out with flushing me

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So what actually have you eaten the last 2 days?
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options

Apples and grapes for lunch. I get a little hunger growl here and there, but it is not big where I want to down a whole big unhealthy meal or even a healthy meal

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? I would be concerned about dehydration if I was only peeing once a day. How many calories are you eating at breakfast? Personally, I eat one meal and drink a protein shake and I'm good to go for the entire day, but it's a very high calorie meal.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Apples and grapes for lunch. I get a little hunger growl here and there, but it is not big where I want to down a whole big unhealthy meal or even a healthy meal

Sounds like you're ignoring hunger signals... why not eat something small when your stomach is growling?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? I would be concerned about dehydration if I was only peeing once a day. How many calories are you eating at breakfast? Personally, I eat one meal and drink a protein shake and I'm good to go for the entire day, but it's a very high calorie meal.

Missed that, but not peeing could be a serious issue, how much are you drinking per day?
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options

I am not sure, but I drink tons of water. I carry around a big jug full of water to sip on throughout the day. I have not yet measured the the ounces of water that the jug can hold. The jug is empty by the time I leave work

• DeterminedbyGod
    Options

Sounds like you're ignoring hunger signals... why not eat something small when your stomach is growling?

I eat, but I have no appetite for anything else
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I eat, but I have no appetite for anything else

You eat what? Just apples and grapes?
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    I am not sure, but I drink tons of water. I carry around a big jug full of water to sip on throughout the day. I have not yet measured the the ounces of water that the jug can hold. The jug is empty by the time I leave work

If that's the case, I think you should be peeing a lot more than once a day. That alone would make me see my doc.
    This

• eeveewinter
    eeveewinter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is not an issue. It is simply because your blood sugar levels are low (mild hypoglycemia results in a loss of appetite).
  • eeveewinter
    eeveewinter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All the foods you eat have a low GI. Just eat more high GI (white bread, pasta, carbohydrates, sweets/sugar).
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    Hi you guys thanks for the input. For lunch I ate a big crispy chicken salad. I actually felt hungry once I stepped out for lunch. I also have an urge to pee now, but can't right now because I am a teacher and we have to wait until we have a chance lol!
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    I actually feel a lot more energized after lunch. Maybe I should quit those green smoothies. For some reason my body does not operate the same when I am off of them.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    You should be going to your doctor for monitoring regardless. I would be less concerned right now about your appetite and more with your overall weight.

i would go ahead and get a full physical to make sure you're not diabetic, you don't have high blood pressure, you don't have some sort of medical condition like high cholesterol, etc. In addition you'll probably want a medical team there for you who can help monitor your progress; even better if you can get a referral to a dietitian.

Again, i am less concerned with your small appetite and am not inclined to tell you that you need to "buy some lunch that is high in calories" and more with possible medical conditions you might not be aware of.

Hi, I checked with my physician and I do not have a detrimental causes due to my weight, but if I do not get the weight down back to normal then I eventually will.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I actually feel a lot more energized after lunch. Maybe I should quit those green smoothies. For some reason my body does not operate the same when I am off of them.

I totally agree with this. It's probably a good idea to start eating food you know, like, and can maintain long-term *now* so that you can more easily maintain your weight once you've reached your goal. It's also a good opportunity for you to experiment with what foods you do and don't like, build a diet that meets your calorie goals but that you like, etc.

best of luck to you and glad to hear you don't have any medical conditions!