Its hot as hell In Chicago!! How should I cool off!?!

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Suggestions? This is above and beyond awesomely tanned standards! Hell nahhh I wont tan in this weather!

Shake and bake!

Replies

• fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    Go to North Avenue Beach!! :)
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    go to the airport!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of ice water!!
  • MissMegan3119
    Options
    I plan on hiding in my air conditioned house watching movies all day. My Irish blood will curdle in this heat!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    CONSIDER THIS: 1.) it isn't 115 degrees; 2.) I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU/ACU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today! Thanks to all who serve in our fine military! God Bless.
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    It has been over 100 degrees here in Wichita, KS too for over a month now and with no rain. Yesterday's breeze was such a welcome relief but the temps didn't change at all.

I stay in as much as I can specially with kids. And find the best parking spot when I go to the gym. Grocery shopping will have to wait in the evenings.

Keep cool!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm in Chicago too and it's not even that much cooler by the lake!! We're baking in the loop! The only way to beat the heat today is to stay indoors. Have an all day movie marathon. Go to the show. Find a pool...in the shade:)) And drink tons of ice cold beverages (does beer count lol) I think even ice cream is excusable today!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    CONSIDER THIS: 1.) it isn't 115 degrees; 2.) I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU/ACU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today! Thanks to all who serve in our fine military! God Bless.

When you put it this way, yes, the heat in Chicago become nothing. Thanks for those serving the country and God bless America.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options

They just said that on the news...loved it!
  • buddypupp
    buddypupp Posts: 5
    Options
    I feel your heat pain hehe. I lived outside buffalo NY in the country an we have had 90-95+ temps. An I don't have Air Conditioning What Ive been doing to keep cool...

1. Take a bucket fill it with cold water as cold as you can stand sit down in a chair or couch an soak your feet in it. works great ( I usually have a fan blowing on me also)
    2. Keep your hair wet yes it will frizz but it will help ward off heat headaches
    3. put a wet towel around your neck
    4. Sit in the shower or bath tub set your water to luke warm / cold an let it fall on you or soak in it.

When it comes to exercise ya im not doing as much in this heat but I do it early in the morning or late at night after it turns dark

Hope this helps
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    take your clothes off.......including that helmet!!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Come to the Yukon!! :D
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Come to england its cold and raining.... again.... will cool you right off :wink:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Come to the Yukon!! :D

I need an invite babycakes and im there! I will be easy to spot at the airport...just look for a awesomely tanned big man!
  • mcvc
    mcvc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just think about what its gonna be like in January. Its no cooler in Cleveland today.
  • gotabayqh
    gotabayqh Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Except for the fact that over in Afghanistan right now they're cooler than us!! Information via a soldier. But yes God Bless our troops AND the families that they have here in the states. The troops rarely get thanked enough but the ones left to hold down the homes hardly get any.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

lol, my brother called me from Iraq the other day

Brother: "So I hear it's hot there?"
    Me: "DUDE!! IT'S SO HOT HERE. Like 115 with the heat index!!"
    Brother: "Welcome to my last 4 months."
    Me: "Buzzkill."
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Hell yeah! God bless our brothers who are overseas and god bless the U.S.A!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    There is a church sign in Oklahoma that says:

SATAN CALLED, HE WANTS HIS WEATHER BACK.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    north beach is gross man... i'm just enjoying the heat. when i walk out & it's all hot & crap... i remember we had a blizzard this year... i'm greatful. and jumping in the pool at my gym