Wanting to lose love handles but want build muscle too

Options
Can someone please explain to me how to do both? From my understanding, in order to lose love handles, which is fat, you need to eat at a caloric deficit. But my goal is also to gain muscle elsewhere like bum, arms, back ( overall I guess) So I have been lifting while progressive adding weight.. and eatting a ton. Am I ever going to see those love handles go?

I'm confused and would love to have a clear explanation on how this all works!!

Replies

• Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    You can slowly lose fat while maintaining a small caloric deficit. It wakes longer, but you'll end up with the physique you'd like.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    The term you're looking for is "recomposition" - do a search for this term and you'll find plenty of info. It's slower but can be a better option for people who don't mentally deal well with gaining weight or who don't want to bulk then cut.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd cut down until the love handles are gone and see where the rest of the fat stays. Quite possibly could be the last thing to go, but you never know until you try it.

Also you might like the shape of everything once you peel all the fat off.

If you don't then you will be a t a good position to target specific areas with muscle building.