Share you cheat meal experience!

Options
mengqiz86
mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
edited March 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm not familiar with cheat meals - so I'm not sure what to expect after I binged yesterday. Been really disciplined with eating and training (run) for 3 months, never really binged. Yesterday I got frustrated with work and ended up binging at night, ~1,300 over maintenance. Certainly felt bloated today - got back on track, ate less than 1000 because I was not hungry. Did my scheduled 5 mile tempo run - funny coz I was expecting running a faster pace since I ingested so much carbs, but actually felt really sluggish. Anyway. Still have that butterfly in the stomach, not sure if - and when - will I see an extra half inch on the waist. For those who have lived through this - what are your experiences? How much will one day of ~1,300 over maintenance set me back? Thanks in advance for sharing!

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm having one of those days tomorrow at an all you can eat buffet that has an amazing dessert bar as well :weary:

I estimate between 3000-4000 calories, my TDEE is around 2300. We go every 3mths or so, and it hasn't ever affected my weight loss rate other than water retention due to sodium/carbs, which goes away after 3ish days.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat meals. There is no need to. If I want something, I just work it into my calorie budget.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I eat a little serving of junk foods, fast foods or sweets. If the occasion calls for it, I eat at a buffet but I workout first.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    HOLY KITTEN! 1300 OVER MAINTENANCE! HEAD FOR THE HILLS! THE APOCALYPSE HAS COME! HIDE THE WOMEN AND SHEEP, THE BARBARIANS ARE AT THE GATE! THE GIANT METEOR IS ON ITS WAY! THE ALIENS HAVE LANDED!

Or, maybe, it's no big deal. 1300 calories isn't even half a pound, and if you're doing any exercise at all it won't even all go on as fat. (Hulk smash!) Me, on days like Christmas when I just haven't worried about it and have enjoyed myself, it wasn't even a noticeable blip in the overall trend of my weight.
  • nicolepburgess91
    nicolepburgess91 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My idea of cheating is a subway rotisserie chicken sandwich. And I love it. Still losing weight.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Stop cheat anything it makes this doing painfully boring
    Save daily calories and have a bigger tracked day with your saved calories
    Eventually you'll stop losing weight or gain weight or fall off weightloss plan as cheating will catch up with you

The only person your cheating is yourself
    If you over indulge you may just revert to old habits which will lead to yoyoing
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days, horrible word that! :/ What I do is eat at slight deficit during a week so at the weekend I can eat slightly above maintenance cals/TDEE. (I'm an maintenance and when I was losing I did the same thing, only my week day deficit was a bit bigger so I could still lose)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If it takes 3500 calories over maintenance to gain a pound of fat then 1300 over would be a little over 1/3 lb. You should be able to work or diet that little bit off without even noticing.