cake!

Options
There's a party coming up, should I eat a peice which could turn into half the cake, or just do my best to ignore it?:ohwell:

Replies

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I love this! Keepin it real. (cuz I could honestly do the same thing) You gotta live so eat the slice of cake and enjoy it.
  • akadory
    akadory Posts: 2
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Eat a small piece and enjoy it!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Eat 1 slice of cake, just make sure it fits into your calorie goal for the day. Depriving yourself is going to make you want it more...
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Ignore it!!!!!!!
  • mduvall612
    Options
    I agree, eat the cake and enjoy. Just add in an extra workout session this week:)
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    For me...I know that I would go back for seconds, so I avoid all temptations.

This weekend I have a birthday party to go to and I've already told the birthday girl that I would be partaking in the alcohol or goodies and she understood completely. It's just something I have to do right now to stay on track.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change NOT a diet.

If you want a small piece of cake - eat it. If you don't, then don't. You have to be realistic. Can we honestly go the rest of our lives without a piece of cake at a graduation party, wedding, baby shower? Probably not. Eat before you go (so you won't gorge on the foods there), have a small bit of cake, log it and move on. Eating this stuff once in awhile isn't what made you gain weight - eating this stuff all the time is what made you gain weight. Moderation.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Personally, I always feel rude not having bday cake. Like I'm not celebrating or something. Anyways - I would budget for a small piece, and then STEP. AWAY. FROM. THE. CAKE!
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Can you eat just one piece? There are certain foods I try to stay away from because I wont stop at just one. I just try to decide which foods are worth the calories I have to log..... :smile:
  • janiecorona
    janiecorona Posts: 248
    Options
    It depends. You know yourself the best. I know that if I ignore a food, I will find a way to get that food and then stuff myself with it, when had I just had a slice, I'd be find cause I calmed down my want of that food. I wouldn't ignore it, like most people said moderation and maybe a longer exercise for that day!
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Have your cake and eat it too!! Like others have said, everyhing in moderation. This is not a diet, but a change in mentality. Food can't control you. Have control over it!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If you think it's really worth it and you really want it - absolutely have some! Just have a small piece and keep reminding yourself that's all you need - anything else will just destroy your efforts thus far and isn't worth it!
  • Dangerously15
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Usually I tell myself that I can have cake on special occasions but it ALWAYS, for me, turns into more than that and then I have ruined the whole day and sometimes more than one day. So for me, from now on, I am going to try to say NO altogether and see how that works!!!

I think it's different for everyone. Depends on how much self control you have!